Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: life sucks  (Read 4419 times)

Offline uklesh

• Rookie
  • Cyb0r Points: +2/-14
    • myspace
life sucks
« on: September 09, 2004, 10:11:14 PM »
my parents broke up, now im stuck with my mom

my dad doesnt want me over there because for some reason he randomly fucking started hating me and now he has a really bad drug habit.

hes 30 grand in debt because his whore of a girlfriend got a hold of his cc number. my mom just had surgery and cant work. i cant get a job and if i did ill probably have to drop out of school, and even with that i cant support shit because there wont be enough money and lately my sister has done nothing but talk shit about my mom, and shes only 11.. plus we're getting evicted because we cant pay rent. i cant live with my dad and my grandma us to pay her rent with money we dont have. so basically im going to try to sell all my shit and try to figure out what to do with the money because we're already getting kicked out of here, maybe find another apartment or something. so pretty much, lifes a bitch, fuck it

moral of the story is, there is no moral, lifes gay

Offline Koppo

• Storm Member
  • Rookie
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
    • http://www.broadband4colwynbay.co.uk
life sucks
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 10:37:26 PM »
Man, that's a harsh hand of cards.  Hope things get better real soon.

Offline madcow

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +6/-1
  • old school.
  • Anarchy Online: Piccolo
  • Xbox Live: galku
life sucks
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 10:42:36 PM »
sorry to hear that, cant be easy.

hope things get better soon.
Fixif
Piccolo
Mitarashi
Perconte
Ident

Offline Kuru

• Da ride iz chillin'
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +76/-8
life sucks
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 11:49:40 PM »
Touche... touche..

Offline Ralyth

• Experienced
    • http://home.no.net/xavierx
life sucks
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 01:40:47 AM »
edited away.. :roll:

sorry, but i do post on genmay..

Best of luck
Ralyth 216 MA AI 12 (Retired)
Redemption

WoW : 60 Gnome Mage - Ravencrest

Offline Mayner

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
life sucks
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 01:47:13 AM »
pretty lame ralyth...

Offline Dynizmo

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +2/-0
life sucks
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 01:49:55 AM »
life can suck big time, bad things happen to us all. and would you want to live with your dad if he is being such an asshole? I'm sure it will work out, hang in there man.

=Fetch this space frisbee, human. Fetch it and gaze upon your ruined world!=

Offline Spizmack

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
life sucks
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 02:00:25 AM »
Dont drop out. Money might help now, but in 20 years when you want a real job but cant thanks to a lack of education you'll be sorry.

Offline Feetus

• Don't blame me
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +122/-63
  • Must .... spam .... more ....
  • Anarchy Online: Feetus
  • AO Alts: Treydor, Pimperoni
  • Steam: Feetus
life sucks
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 02:44:18 AM »
Quote from: Spizmack
Dont drop out. Money might help now, but in 20 years when you want a real job but cant thanks to a lack of education you'll be sorry.

No kidding on this one ... talk to school counselors or other people. There will be other ways to get by, but do not drop out. Not having a college degree is one thing, but if you drop out it will fuck everything up so much worse than you can imagine right now. I got a friend who is a pretty decent programmer, and he dropped out of high school ... while I make really good money, he cant make shit because of it.

No one will give you a chance if you drop out of high school.

Learn from your parents mistakes. Money management, maybe getting married too young or having children too young, drugs, etc ... don't repeat it. You don't have to work hard in school, just stay in it until you graduate. Also, don't turn to crime ... its a dead end road. Avoid drugs and alcohol like the plague for now. Its absolutely the worst time for you to get involved in that, even if it seems like an easy escape.

Also, don't feel responsible for your parents problems and don't feel like you owe it to waste all your time and money helping them with it. They're adults, they should be grown up enough to handle it. My broke ass mother begs me for cash every now and then ... but the only reason she does it is because she cant handle the money she already makes properly. I don't give her mine because then that just allows her to continue making the mistakes rather than learn from them. If the circumstances she needed it for were out of her control then sure, I wouldn't mind helping...but sometimes you gotta learn from your mistakes, and learning the hard way might be the only way. Your problem is that you're still living with her and so her problems will affect you sometimes.

We're all human and so we all feel for ya man. Good luck with it, and sorry to hear you're having to tough it out. :?

Offline uklesh

• Rookie
    • myspace
life sucks
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2004, 02:54:04 AM »
real funny ralyth...

Offline Thedeacon

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +2/-4
life sucks
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2004, 03:14:30 AM »
Hey there Uklesh,

It took me a while before I could respond to this thread, as reading it struck a familiar chord.

Without retelling my entire life, I come from the same background almost exactly.  There were so many times I'd come home and the lights were off, or there'd be an eviction notice on the door and I'd go up to my room and cry for hours, wondering how could God let my life get so bad.

It was actually my reason for falling out of faith in the first place.  "If God loves me, then why do all these bad things happen to me?"  

Currently, the last couple of weeks have been slow for business and I found myself saying "why is this happening?"  And then it hit me that I just failed a test of faith.  After all my preaching and Bible thumping, I slipped up and I focused on my problem and didn't rely on faith.  

I know nobody wants to hear this, but I write this all with nothing but love in my heart.  I really don't want to upset anyone, but at the same time I have an obligation to share the fact that none of us have to feel hopeless or lost anymore.  Lord knows I spent almost 30 years in darkness, feeling like no matter what I did or how hard I tried, that the world was always going to beat me back.  

When I say that everything happens for a reason, I speak from personal experience.  Some things happened to me this year that I'm going to refrain from sharing at the moment, as I don't think anyone would believe me, but I'm starting to realize that sometimes it takes a great tragedy, or alot of them right after another, before we're ready to see things God's way.  

An old saying is: You have to hit the bottom before you can rise to the top....or maybe I made that up, I'm not sure.  I think before most of us can really ask God for help and truly love God, we need all of the worldly obstacles taken away from us, the things that keep us from God.

You'll always hear me say things "We're living in dark days", but I usually don't illiterate on it much.  One of those things is that for the first time in history, we have an entire generation of parents that don't love their children, or are too busy to care.  This isn't *every* parent of course, but (speaking from a former teacher's perspective) it's way too much.

It's always the child (meaning son or daughter, not necessarily a 'kid') that gets hurt.  I went through the same deal when I was younger.  I think I can say with all honesty that nobody loved me and instead of a battle for custody, I was tossed around like a hot potato to my mother, father (who I barely knew), psychiatric centers (I had no psychological problems, but it was a nice place to stick kids that nobody wants).

I was beaten, starved, force fed, humiliated and neglected, but it taught me one thing:  As hard as it is, stand by and LOVE both of your parents.  Let them know that no matter what happens, you'll always be their son and that you'll love them no matter what.  When the Bible says "honor your mother and father", that's what we all have to do, even for parents that don't seem to deserve it.

And forgive them for their own lack of faith and Godliness.  Beneath their anger or neglect, they're unhappy right now.  They wish that they could be kids again and pass their troubles onto someone else.  Deep inside, your mother and father are crying out for someone to wrap their arms around them and tell them "I love you no matter what".  

Shut down the computer right now and do that for your father if he's there.  And then call your mother and tell her that you love her too, as cheesy at that sounds.  I think you'll be surprised at how good you'll all feel.  Forgive them for anything they've ever done to you and ask them to forgive you as well.  Forgiveness is THE HARDEST thing to do, but it's the cornerstone of a healthy family life.  

If a family stands on the side of God, who is strong enough to oppose them?  God created the universe, the air we breath and the ground we walk on.  NOTHING is beyond God's power to fix, we just have to be strong enough to put aside our own pride and ask.  And then have the absolute faith to trust in God to make things right.  It doesn't always happen the way we *want* it to, but it does happen.  Seriously, without getting into details, I can guarantee you it does.

We all fall from time to time, bro.  This isn't your first and it won't be your last.  What we all need is someone to catch us when we do, and then pick us back up.

God bless and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.  Right now, I don't have much money (although that WILL change), but if you need ANY, please let me know.  I'm going to pray for you in the meantime.

-Rick
WoW: Firetree's #1 Ganking undead priest

Offline Feetus

• Don't blame me
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +122/-63
  • Must .... spam .... more ....
  • Anarchy Online: Feetus
  • AO Alts: Treydor, Pimperoni
  • Steam: Feetus
life sucks
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2004, 03:31:21 AM »
... must ... resist ... urge .... to .... turn ... thread .... into .... religous .... flame .... war ....

Offline uklesh

• Rookie
    • myspace
life sucks
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2004, 03:59:44 AM »
nah dude, theres no way i could take your money, we'll manage. on another note i love my mom and my dad a lot and ive told them that, im just not sure if my dad really cares, my parents are still in the middle of a divorce and its been going on for nearly a year now. my dad just doesnt care, i tried to spend time with him seeing as i didnt see him at all after i moved in with my mom, and he didnt try at all, he just doesnt give a fuck. unfortunately i really might have to get a job, my moms having her second surgery and she'll be down for about 3 months. so i have no idea what the hell im going to do. right now we're packing everything up and putting in in storage because we have to be out of here by next friday. i really appreciate everything, but rick no offence but i dont believe in god, there was a time where i thought i did, but that was a long time ago.

p.s. i really do appreciate everything

peace,

the other Rick

(strange seeing as we have the same first name)

Offline Sparegris

• Experienced
    • http://home.no.net/frizbee
life sucks
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2004, 04:03:28 AM »
I honestly dont see why we should bear this burden
from craddle to coffin

Offline Critt

• Apprentice
life sucks
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2004, 06:20:09 AM »
Quote from: Feetus
... must ... resist ... urge .... to .... turn ... thread .... into .... religous .... flame .... war ....

so many jokes SO MANY MUST RESIST UHGG

Offline Thedeacon

• Experienced
life sucks
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2004, 06:30:46 AM »
Quote from: Critt
Quote from: Feetus

so many jokes SO MANY MUST RESIST UHGG

lol let's show our support for Uklesh here, there's plenty of time to make fun of me later :D

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +108/-102
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
  • Anarchy Online: Caloss2
  • AO Alts: Caloss2 220/2x/xx Melee adv Llewlyn 220 meepmeep Boooocal 220 So Knack 220/xx/xx Keeper
  • Steam: Caloss2 (dah)
life sucks
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2004, 06:42:33 AM »
Dam sorry to hear about this Uklesh :(

All I can tell you has already been said, look after yourself in this one, stay in school, get a decent job a few years down the line from this and you'll be in a much better position to help your familey as well as your self.

Whether you beleive in any religion or not this is a kind of test if you want to look at it that way, work through it and you are stronger for doing so.

And like trey said, STAY IN SCHOOL.

peace

cal2

Offline Doccter

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
life sucks
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2004, 07:07:11 AM »
God damn Ralyth that was one of the worst things imaginable you could post, I dont wish harm on anyone but you really deserve to get punched in the face for that one.

I dont really know what to say about your situation.... I bet theres some kind of help you can get, you just have to look for it.  Im sure dropping out of school isn't the right way to go, thatll just lead to you having a crappy job the rest of your life. =\ uhmm .... hmmmm....  hopefully things get better for you.

Offline panasoniic

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +22/-254
life sucks
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2004, 07:30:02 AM »
w00t someone who understands that life sucks ass too!!!

life sucks, cancer sucks

money is the root of all evil, life sucks but live with it shits bound to get better.

P.S. stop jacking my thread names

Offline Djeveline

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-0
  • Anarchy Online: Lunary
  • AO Alts: Djeveline, Djevelina
life sucks
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2004, 07:33:20 AM »
Quote from: Ralyth

All i goota add is:

Remember Kids, when committing suicide it's down the road not across the street.

Offline Thedeacon

• Experienced
life sucks
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2004, 08:18:53 AM »
Quote from: uklesh
nah dude, theres no way i could take your money, we'll manage.

You'll do very well with a positive attitude like that!  But none of the money I receive is mine.  Everything belongs to God, I'm just managing it :D  As wierd as that sounds, I'm a much happier person since I realized that!

on another note i love my mom and my dad a lot and ive told them that, im just not sure if my dad really cares, my parents are still in the middle of a divorce and its been going on for nearly a year now. my dad just doesnt care, i tried to spend time with him seeing as i didnt see him at all after i moved in with my mom, and he didnt try at all, he just doesnt give a fuck.

I think he does.  His pride makes him feel like less than a man.  He feels like he failed you, so he pushes you away so you don't see his shame.  I've done that before.  Give him time.

unfortunately i really might have to get a job, my moms having her second surgery and she'll be down for about 3 months. so i have no idea what the hell im going to do. right now we're packing everything up and putting in in storage because we have to be out of here by next friday. i really appreciate everything, but rick no offence but i dont believe in god, there was a time where i thought i did, but that was a long time ago.

p.s. i really do appreciate everything

peace,

the other Rick

(strange seeing as we have the same first name)

*smiles* It's alright man, God is always there waiting for you.  If he waited for me, he'll wait for anyone.  Do me a favor though.  God is going to show you a sign, something that you might try to discount as being a 'coincidence' or 'just plain wierd'.  I dunno, it might be a dream, it might be something someone says, or something odd that happens.  I know it sounds strange, but it's going to happen.  You'll try to discount it, but it's going to stay on your mind, like a song you can't get rid of.  

When it happens, talk to me about it.  I won't try to hammer a bible up your butt or shove communion in your throat, or take a 'holier than thou' attitude, as we ALL know I've been faaaaaaar from holy.  But make me that promise and that's all I ask.  Thanks man, I really do appreciate that you were honest with me and took me seriously.  I *know* you're going to make it through this, there's absolutely no doubt in my mind now.  It takes alot of maturity and alot of goodness to not only be honest with me about God, but to be serious about it.  You've definitely got my respect, mate!

Offline Aegd

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +21/-5
life sucks
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2004, 08:39:00 AM »
oh dear all the things id post right now...i think i can hold it this time.

but i know....you're a pile of crap and life will flush you down over and over. (not directed at you)
Lionel what are you doing? Snurv snurf!

Offline Leviathonss

• Rookie
life sucks
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2004, 09:21:46 AM »
I feel for the guy being that Ive hard my own fairly intense hardships over time but if anything I dont like seeing somebody plant the seed of religion into somebodies mind when they are at their most vulnerable.  I personally dont believe in god, but these things and ppls opinions about religion of any sort, be it in a sincere manor or not, should not be expressed in a public area of a forum.  Like I said - I feel for the dude and hope everything works out well in the end - stay strong etc and no doubt you can overcome it - I just have a hard time not getting mad when religion is mentioned.

(*removes the 1000 essay on why he believes religion is false*)

I am the Alpha and the Omega.

The Legion - http://www.legionhq.org

Offline Wolfe

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +3/-0
life sucks
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2004, 09:37:57 AM »
I cant help but agree with what most people here has written. Stay in school, stay the fukk away from crime and look at the world and see if you can find those things that deserves a smile.

Sometimes its bloody hard to stay away from crime for example if your friends wants to do something "cool / stupid" just leave.

The world we share deserves the best you can do to enjoy your part of it. Its that great marvel of life and creation that we share with other people, animals, trees, stars and everything else. (Dont worry too much about what other people think it all comes from)  ^^

Humans really want to be nice and good to eaechother. The reason why they are beeing dickwads is because they worry too much about money and their own future. People in the world around you will probably try to use money as a tool to abuse you, there is no reason why you should let them.

Sounds to me like your parents got stuck in some stalemate where they forgot the value of life. Dont follow their example and trust me when I say that love breeds love.

Offline frakk

• Storm Member
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +21/-18
  • Planting his seeds in the P2P world.
    • http://home.no.net/frakk2k
life sucks
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2004, 10:35:57 AM »
Well, im going to be very cynical, but you gotta think of yourself, its your life.

You gotta make sure you and your offspring will have a good time, dont worry about your parents.

They have already failed that mission.

Cheer up, fix your own life.

edit: o and for the guy who has the censored boobie avatar, that would be me. I kinda thought the goth-cut-your-wrist-image was kinda fun, cuz, after all, all you can do is cry or laugh at it.

Frakk : 205 or something MA - I am also Sunye, Amazing doctor during the day, shemale stripper at night!

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.105 seconds with 26 queries.