Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: NT's and AO & Funcom in general.  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Koppo

• Storm Member
  • Rookie
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
    • http://www.broadband4colwynbay.co.uk
NT's and AO & Funcom in general.
« on: September 19, 2004, 08:57:38 PM »
Just posted my parting shot on the NT boards in response to a thread about the casting issues that still haven't been fixed in 3 years.

Copied and pasted because the Funcom forum arse-lickers/members of the Nazi party will no doubt delete:

Between this, other bugs, **** defences without the awesome damage to counter-balance it, there's no saving the nuker in AO.

It'll never be fixed and it'll never get better. I've fought the good fight and put up with this constant stream of bull**** since launch and enough's enough. I'm tired of forum spin doctor's making excuses as to why promises haven't been kept and I'm tired of game directors making promises they have no intention of keeping.

I'm tired of being everyone's bitch in PvP and getting specialed into the middle of the next server, while my so-called uber nukes barely scratch their hp thanks to Hold NT At Bay and my so-called best root in the game can be chain-broken by any profession rendering it useless. A blind fix that didn't fix ****. The list goes on.

I'm tired of nerfs and intelligence-insulting excuses given to justify them. I suppose AXP nerf is the one thing that made me go, "Lol, f*ck this". Never has there been a more thinly-disguised excuse for a no-brainer timesink in order to keep high lvl players paying monthly subscriptions. As if paying $30/?20 for this pox-ridden excuse for an expansion pack wasn't enough.

I handed over my droppable loot to my guild yesterday and I deleted AO from my HD.

I'll find another game to play because this horse is well and truly dead. Further flogging just exposes the bones.

Feel free to delete/edit my post and ban me. I'm past giving a **** about these boards and this load of bollox game.

Good luck to y'all die-hards. You must be into S&M in rl

I envy you guys still having fun playing this game.  I envy you guys playing viable professions, but as I mentioned in my adios msg on guild chat I can't keep playing AO because it's driving me nuts.

I'm an old-skool player.  I wasn't in beta but I was looking forward to AO for months before it launched and I was in there on day 1 of server live.  I've seen so much bullshit, apathy, and general disrespect to the MMORPG player from Funcom employees that if I ever met Marius or any other developer I would do time for kicking the shit out of their fat norwegian arses.

I handed my guild loot to Sandra30 last night, deleted AO from my HD then got my original AO cd, Special Edition CD, Notum Wars, Shadowlands and AI expansion pack disks, then took them into my yard and burned them.

I got bitchslapped in PvP the other night by a trader who was fucking green to me.  2200 NR full d and I got divested and plundered 3 times in a row, first time no resists then got my arse critted off by an alien shotty.  I shouted, "wtf?" and my daughter came into my back room to see what I was getting upset about and I shouted at her too.  When you start doing shit like that you know it ain't worth it and you have to get some perspective.  My dad has Parkinson's Disease - point being there's other things in life that are more worth getting upset about than an MMORPG from a wannabe bunch of lying, fuckwad two-bit programmers and their piece of shit excuse for an MMORPG.  Funcom office in Oslo needs a visit from a gang of serial killers imho.

Might see some of you Stormer's, or even some of you other guys from other guilds in some other game.  Hopefully run by a company that gives a shit about the people keeping their paychecks arriving every month and hopefully playing a class that doesn't have me snapping at my kids because it's so fucking gimped.

Cal2 will no doubt keep me informed of ongoing developments :)

I hope you guys carry on enjoying AO.  It does have its saving graces, the community for one.  Especially this great guild I was proud to be a member of.  It was you guys that kept me coming back every time I cancelled and didn't play in the past.  Keep the faith peeps and see you again, somewhere, somewhen.

Offline Hajkster

• Apprentice
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 09:01:34 PM »
Hehe, no worth getting your health heated from. gl. :P

Offline Wolfe

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +3/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 09:04:07 PM »
Playing games is always best done as something you do to have fun. I have had too many similar thoughts going on since I started playing AO that I decided its time to stop beeing a fool.

There are fun games coming out pretty soon, worth the wait too!

Offline shaitan00

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 09:18:33 PM »
Sorry to hear you're leaving mate, but I understand your reasons. Hope yo see you in another game in the near future!

Offline Doccter

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 09:53:29 PM »
Hope to see you in a future game too, funcom seems to just ignore things that they really need to fix.  Docter is one of the classes that does NOT need fixing probally because the guy plays one of them himself, but I have the feeling that nt trader crat are not played by any of devs and hence get the short end of the stick.

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +108/-102
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
  • Anarchy Online: Caloss2
  • AO Alts: Caloss2 220/2x/xx Melee adv Llewlyn 220 meepmeep Boooocal 220 So Knack 220/xx/xx Keeper
  • Steam: Caloss2 (dah)
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 10:34:12 PM »
Don't blame you bro traders crats and NT's might have just as well be renamed as the new class "toilet paper" it's something FC wipes their asses with.

Not sure how much I'll be telling you about any update, the FC is to nerf rather than fix, so we can all expect some huge nerft to "balance" other classes, no doubt the NT fix will require AI lvl 30 (10 years work for any one that only raids once a day and NEVER dies).

No money in the visa account till friday at any rate, probabley only  12 hours or more left to play before I have to physicaly put money into it, can't say that I could be arsed making the effort anymore, and my class rox0r I just find it hard to see others served so badley by a company they pay money to, even more so when it's a RL friend of my'n.

AI = ANAL INTRUSION, and what's really sad is it could have been so much fun and nearly was.

FC seem to live under the delusion that the AO player base ends at their forums, with just over 3million hits a month peak here, I can promise them it doesn't, Cz sorry dude you have no mod rights here.

And pretty much every player in the game will read that post here rather than on FC boards. Don't make the mistake of beliving that gamers don't comunicate either, they do.

bah too much agrivation to be bothered writing anything further, I'll just wind up shouting at my children, and AO is NOT worth that.

peace

cal2

Offline Soldat1

• Rookie
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-8
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 10:34:42 PM »
Even though I don't know you, I believe it is sad that that AO loses one of the few people who can formulate an intelligent post against such a shitcock company.

I completely agree with you, and I think we should finance together a group to 'take care' of their norwegian asses.

BUMP for a fellow UKer :)

Offline Sparegris

• Experienced
    • http://home.no.net/frizbee
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2004, 10:54:08 PM »
I feel for you koppo , tho i dont play NT i have heard they are in equal shit as traders. Thats why i rolled a adv and actually bother to level , stupid as i was i should rather just quit all over.

Good ridance of a game gone really bad.

I also envy those who actually have fun in the game now to :(
from craddle to coffin

Offline Feetus

• Don't blame me
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +122/-63
  • Must .... spam .... more ....
  • Anarchy Online: Feetus
  • AO Alts: Treydor, Pimperoni
  • Steam: Feetus
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 01:54:51 AM »
Now this is a flame/rant post to be proud of!! :D

Still, its always sad to lose a good player rather than one of the crappy ones. See ya in WoW hopefully bro! 8)

Offline tingen

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 02:27:19 AM »
WEll i guess i saw this coming. I'm atm just trying to lvl NT and just have a bit fun.  

Did the same mistake as Spare:

"I feel for you koppo , tho i dont play NT i have heard they are in equal shit as traders. Thats why i rolled a adv and actually bother to level , stupid as i was i should rather just quit all over"

Start with Nuky, but at the time sl released it was a HELL HOLE for NT.

Went for MP as everybody at that time need a MP and we were lack of active MPs at the time. Was/Has always been thinking about starting to lvl nuky again, but never got around to do it, I KNEW what was infront off me :(

Ended up in bring my adv from 116-210 before I reliazed NT is my main prof and what i like to play best, but that said, NT are have the worsth, crat and traders still has some bad issues, but they are still wanted by teams, We NT are not.

This time I'm gonna stick to my NT. Mp and advy is to help out org mates in need, as fucking NT can't help with shit.
Nukywee - 216

Wanderess - 210

Drtingen - 213

Offline KithKanan

• Storm Member
  • Rookie
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 05:27:41 AM »
I agree with what your sayin.  fc needs to figure out who pays there bills.

ive seen this over and over again in the mmorpg companies, they dont want to/are too blind to see that there players pay the bills, not them.  

the ONLY way to make an impact on them, is to talk with your feet.

sad as that is, its the only way i can see to have an effect on how they create and manage there game.  this is absurd and only goes to show how poor they are at manageing there game and communities needs/wants/desires in the game.

I canceled my account friday, and have absolutely no plans to pay funcom another cent. they are two bit lieing sacks of shit, and they will sell you your own shirt to make a profit.

(this is my own opinion, and if you are still haveing fun playing AO, more power to yas -- but dont flame me for haveing an opinion.)
Kithkanan - Retired 209 doc :: Unit Member of Storm

"What if you had the chance to regain everything you had lost"

ttp://www.notcpa.org/faq.html

Offline Lizor

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 06:16:09 AM »
Unfortunately a company like FC can get financed by banks. Like the loan they just recently got. =)

All player subscriptions being cancelled do is lessen the lag for others. =)
Quote from: Caleena
Bush is a fucking moron.

Being moderator and having last word pwns.

"It is a hard heart that kills" - GySgt Hartman Full Metal Jacket

Offline Djeveline

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-0
  • Anarchy Online: Lunary
  • AO Alts: Djeveline, Djevelina
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2004, 06:44:26 AM »
Yeh know what you mean, gave up my neato lil NT a few months ago, its just to much of a pain to play...

as soon as EQ2 or WoW is released a lot of people will quit.

Offline Systembug

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +2/-0
    • http://hem.passagen.se/deathjester
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2004, 11:36:42 AM »
Sad to see you go koppo :/

But i feel your pain

.. "Nanotech is the best damagedealer but lacks in defense and health" that line got me hooked on day1 of release ..

Best damagedealer my ass .. raids for me is worthless as i cant frekkin land more then 1 out of 20 nukes and are prolly best off casting layers on tank or beeing PNH/IOR biatch for others ..

and DAoC is still fun ..

And EQ2/WoW is soon to hit the market..

i would like to say that AO is gonna die when they DO launch but pplz will continue to get sucked in to the game prolly ..

totally of thread Question .. WoW .. the servers .. are they gonna be split up so you have to have a bounce on the US side to be able to play on Us servers?

Hope to see you in another game koppo    :twisted:
Quote from: Addice
you and me. playground 3 o'clock!
-------------
[Currently playing]: WoW, CSS

Mordekaii 60 Restodruid[TM], Desinned 55 Holy LoLadin[AD],Rourok 57 Arms Warrior [AD]

Sadakoi / Systembug / Lightshade of Storm [Inactive]
Cubix [Mutant MasterMind Bots/Forcefields LvL:26][Inactive]

Offline Koppo

• Storm Member
  • Rookie
    • http://www.broadband4colwynbay.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2004, 12:11:50 PM »
As predicted, logged onto boards today to be greeted with:

TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED - click here

Your posting privileges have been temporarily revoked. Please read the announcement in this forum, and follow the instructions there, and we'll have this solved as quickly as possible.

The Cz Gestapo strikes again.  GG to Funcom actually, it always struck me as hilarious when they first detailed their "social guidelines" regarding the boards.  It's all a lot of yadda yadda but the quick translation is:

"These boards are read by potential customers.  Do not criticise Funcom on these boards, even though most of us are fat overweight ugly assholes with no conscience and we might deserve it.  

Criticism = clueing in potential subscribers that this game sucks sweaty donkey balls and we would rather defraud RPG players and take their money than provide existing players with a soapbox that they might use to scare these suckers off.  

Do not swear/rant etc on these boards because THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANARCHY ONLINE! and you aren't allowed to get upset about our incompetence, shit buggy code that still hasn't been fixed 3 years after launch, and our general don't_really_give_a_shit attitude.  After all, it's just a game, a game we expect you to be passionate and care about because that keeps you giving us money, but it's still a game nonetheless.  To date, no laws exist that we are scared of that can protect you as customers of our company, who provide you with a mis-represented and flawed service, because online electronic entertainment and the rights of people using those services have yet to be taken seriously by any country.  At least not seriously enough that we have to worry about lawsuits or providing refunds.  We laugh at your impotence.

You don't see us getting upset do you?  No.  We might promise 1,000's of mostly-intelligent consumers stuff that we'll never deliver, but we can still go home to our families after a days work and not worry about it because we have no conscience and we don't really care about you sheep, despite our pro-customer propoganda.  Coke and pork pies all-round in the Oslo canteen.  We're such a bunch of happy campers.

If you do have the temerity to break these guidelines, you will find your post/s deleted, your posting privileges revoked, we may also ban your player account because we can.  It says so in the EULA, right next to the bit where you agreed to sacrifice your firstborn child to the Whale God of Norway.  We love our EULA.  It says "fuck you, sheep!" in great big self-serving customer rights castrating letters.

Have a nice day you special people!  We think you're all retards but we love you because you're retards with money!"
[/b]

/end rant.

ps.  No offence to Cz.  He's probably the only one in Funcom that might think things are off, but still has a job to do anyway.  Trying to make the best of a bad situation is never easy.

Offline Feetus

• Don't blame me
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +122/-63
  • Must .... spam .... more ....
  • Anarchy Online: Feetus
  • AO Alts: Treydor, Pimperoni
  • Steam: Feetus
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2004, 05:30:44 PM »
Quote from: Koppo
To date, no laws exist that we are scared of that can protect you as customers of our company, who provide you with a mis-represented and flawed service, because online electronic entertainment and the rights of people using those services have yet to be taken seriously by any country.

Actually, that is a good thing. If game development companies had to worry about laws when designing and developing something then we'd just get the same streamlined crap all the time so that they could avoid the suits. Everything would be really washed out and weak, and made so that a five year old could comprehend and work with it. The best solution is to leave the power in the hands of the players to just leave if they don't like it. If you read a menu at a restraunt, order the food, and don't like it ... then the solution is to stop visiting the restraunt rather than sue them for misrepresenting the quality of their food. Law suits like that would just stifle innovation and companies taking risks. They also never made any contractual agreement with you as a player to deliver the things they talked about.

Offline shaitan00

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2004, 06:34:15 PM »
gotta agree with Trey on this one. Don't want the international gaming industry turning into... well, the US. The stuff I hear from my American friends is ppl. getting sued left and right over petty shit by ppl. just wanting to score some cash. If they imposed a law that would let you sue a gaming company for "misspresenting their product" I do believe it would hamper creativity in games A LOT... bad bad idea!

Offline Ogiebogie

• Experienced
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2004, 08:15:54 PM »
you go koppo! hope to see u in a other (better!) game though :)!

Everyone should do a rant on the AO boards when they cancel! :D

(very nice ranting btw, my heart swells with pride.. or something ^_^)

Offline Aegd

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +21/-5
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2004, 08:19:49 PM »
/off topic

well atleast you CAN sue someone...here in sweden its next to impossible.

My dad got hit by a drunk driver when he was riding home on his bicykle, almost hit a rock and could have died, but made it with some minor damages. The cops and all the witnesses said he was "going really fast on that bike" "no wonder the driver couldnt hit the breaks in time!"

Nothing happened, we coulndt do shit, they came up with the conclusion my dad was going too fast on his bike bla bla bla

/on topic
Lionel what are you doing? Snurv snurf!

Offline Ogiebogie

• Experienced
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2004, 07:15:38 AM »
my dad got hit while riding his like uba bling bling sports bike, and the bike got smashed so he he got one twice as expensive (he couldnt stop bragging about that for.. quite a while 0_O)... i dont think that was a offical thingy though.. :P more like "please dont sue me, heres a bike!".

anyway...

Offline Darkwillow

• Ultimately Neverending
  • Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +380/-119
  • First Lady
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2004, 07:40:23 AM »
wtf you drunk-bastard hit me on a bike ? I ll sue u fr life and become millionair!

Act well your part,
for within lies all honor

Offline Drmarkgreen

• Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2004, 09:20:22 PM »
Quote from: Koppo
As predicted, logged onto boards today to be greeted with:

TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED - click here

Your posting privileges have been temporarily revoked. Please read the announcement in this forum, and follow the instructions there, and we'll have this solved as quickly as possible.

The Cz Gestapo strikes again.  GG to Funcom actually, it always struck me as hilarious when they first detailed their "social guidelines" regarding the boards.  It's all a lot of yadda yadda but the quick translation is:

"These boards are read by potential customers.  Do not criticise Funcom on these boards, even though most of us are fat overweight ugly assholes with no conscience and we might deserve it.  

Criticism = clueing in potential subscribers that this game sucks sweaty donkey balls and we would rather defraud RPG players and take their money than provide existing players with a soapbox that they might use to scare these suckers off.  

Do not swear/rant etc on these boards because THERE ARE NO PROBLEMS WITH ANARCHY ONLINE! and you aren't allowed to get upset about our incompetence, shit buggy code that still hasn't been fixed 3 years after launch, and our general don't_really_give_a_shit attitude.  After all, it's just a game, a game we expect you to be passionate and care about because that keeps you giving us money, but it's still a game nonetheless.  To date, no laws exist that we are scared of that can protect you as customers of our company, who provide you with a mis-represented and flawed service, because online electronic entertainment and the rights of people using those services have yet to be taken seriously by any country.  At least not seriously enough that we have to worry about lawsuits or providing refunds.  We laugh at your impotence.

You don't see us getting upset do you?  No.  We might promise 1,000's of mostly-intelligent consumers stuff that we'll never deliver, but we can still go home to our families after a days work and not worry about it because we have no conscience and we don't really care about you sheep, despite our pro-customer propoganda.  Coke and pork pies all-round in the Oslo canteen.  We're such a bunch of happy campers.

If you do have the temerity to break these guidelines, you will find your post/s deleted, your posting privileges revoked, we may also ban your player account because we can.  It says so in the EULA, right next to the bit where you agreed to sacrifice your firstborn child to the Whale God of Norway.  We love our EULA.  It says "fuck you, sheep!" in great big self-serving customer rights castrating letters.

Have a nice day you special people!  We think you're all retards but we love you because you're retards with money!"
[/b]

/end rant.

ps.  No offence to Cz.  He's probably the only one in Funcom that might think things are off, but still has a job to do anyway.  Trying to make the best of a bad situation is never easy.

LMAO, very well said bro :P

---

as for aegd, lol that sucks hope ur dad was okay... thing is here, we have the opposite of sweden. pepople sue other people for things like name calling.

also if u tap someone tehy could sue you for assault :P thats how our system works :P
~Drmarkgreen -  Retired Doc

~Traderjoess - Retired PvP Trader

Account Status: Frozen

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.126 seconds with 26 queries.