Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Application for Fun and Shenanigans!  (Read 3341 times)

Offline OutofStep

• Storm Member
  • Freshman
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-0
  • Anarchy Online: Lamont
  • AO Alts: Jovial, Nhaara
Application for Fun and Shenanigans!
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:31:50 PM »
Heyo! I am a recently returned player and, according to auno.org, I last played in about 2012 for a bit. Back in 2003, my Bureaucrat was in Synergy Factor, which I thought was defunct, but I just saw a guy run passed me last night with that tag. Good times! Anyway...

Who should not apply?
-People who don't know what friendship is
-Immature, impatient and humorless people
-Selfish people who only care about loot
-People who despise pvp
-People who buy/sell characters on eBay

Though these aren't questions, per say, I wanted to address them for full disclosure. The exact reason that I am applying to Storm is for the chance to potentially make some in-game friends. Since restarting my account, I've been playing solo and with the exception of CLAN OCC -- it's really quiet. Too quiet. I had a conversation the other day with a Cyborg while we were in combat. He was a dick.

I don't think I'm immature. I'm 41 and still like MMOs so, I mean, I guess that's somewhat immature (according to my wife). I like stuff as much as the next guy, but given that I'm applying with a level 135 character, my "phats" are those that come from mission bosses. Booya. I don't really know anything about AO pvp, other than the fact that I'm probably terrible at it... because I don't know anything about it. However, that said, I do enjoy shooting people in the face in other games so I don't see why this one would be an exception. I still have my original AO account, which was created when the game released.

What is your name, your profession, and your level? Who are your alts? *Disclosure of all alts is is mandatory, not being open about what characters you play will lead to rejection of your application. If you share accounts or other people have access to your accounts, please contact an officer ingame or via PM on forums.
(During our internal reputation check, some members may know you better by your alts than your main)

I am applying on my Trader, Lamont. He's currently level 135 and counting. I have a second account with a 207 Bureaucrat (Jovial) and 185 NT (Nhaara) and some other lowbie alts that I haven't logged in since Jenna Jameson was attractive. Both accounts are active, but I only use the NT for giving PNH to my Trader and everyone else in OA.

-How would you describe yourself as a MMOG player?

Casual, at this point in life. I'm not going to lie. I have a wife and a 3-year old, so the days of me playing an MMO until 3am EST are far gone. When I get time to play, I'm up for whatever. Lately "whatever" has been trying my best to solo level a Trader while avoiding being on a kite team. I want to play the game, see the content and do the quests and that's what I'm going to do.

-Describe your experiences in other MMOGs (WoW, UO, EQ, AC, etc...)?
(What were you? PvPer, role player, eventer? What was it about those games that you liked/disliked?)

EQ was my first MMO and, yea, I was pretty hardcore. I was one of the leaders of a power-guild on the Emarr server and we did pretty well. Back then I was single and didn't mind logging 50+ hours a week at the PC playing, but I can't do that anymore. I also played WoW, like every other person with 10 fingers and an Internet connection. I had some good times, some bad times, but I was done with that game long ago. I hated the Arena, but loved Battlegrounds... I don't know what that says about me as a PvPer.

-Have you ever been in another guild in AO?
(Why did you originally join it? What was wrong with it when you left, and why do you see Storm as a better place?)

Synergy Factor. It was 2003, so my memory is a bit fuzzy as to why I left (I think a lot of the core people got tired of the game and left). I joined because a friend of mine was already in and they seemed like a good bunch of fellows, which they were. I had some good times.

-What exactly are you looking for in a guild?
(Tell us what you are looking for, for example: what activities you might want to get involved in, what you might expect from it's members, what is it about a guild which would make you want to stay in it?)

Directions! Seriously, I'm so g'damn lost running around Shadowlands that half the time I just want to know where something is. I'm not a big fan of asking for help, I even feel bad begging for a Fixer Grid in OA. The biggest reason I'm playing a Trader is so I can do tradeskills and make things (eventually, when I'm not IP starved) for other people. Really, I'm looking for a decent chat channel with like minded individuals who can occasionally reply with, "just run along the wall and don't try to fight anything!" when I ask a question.

I'm looking at you, Disgusting Parasite... prick.

-What time zone are you in?
(This will help us know which officer should get in touch with you and give an idea of when to setup an interview.)

Eastern Standard Time, GMT-5?

-What's your native language?

Freedom! English.
Lamont - 220 Trader
Visaraa - 220 Shade

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +108/-102
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
  • Anarchy Online: Caloss2
  • AO Alts: Caloss2 220/2x/xx Melee adv Llewlyn 220 meepmeep Boooocal 220 So Knack 220/xx/xx Keeper
  • Steam: Caloss2 (dah)
Re: Application for Fun and Shenanigans!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 04:10:10 PM »
Hi, thanks for taking the time to fill out an application.
An officer will contact in-game in the next few days.

sigh yup that surgery was a massive mistake.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 04:14:30 PM by caloss2 »

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +108/-102
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
  • Anarchy Online: Caloss2
  • AO Alts: Caloss2 220/2x/xx Melee adv Llewlyn 220 meepmeep Boooocal 220 So Knack 220/xx/xx Keeper
  • Steam: Caloss2 (dah)
Re: Application for Fun and Shenanigans!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 11:03:04 PM »
Leaving this here as an example of what a good app looks like.

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.261 seconds with 26 queries.