Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Linux Adventures with Pusi.. well that failed hehe  (Read 1117 times)

Offline Pusipose

• Apprentice
  • Cyb0r Points: +8/-0
Linux Adventures with Pusi.. well that failed hehe
« on: December 02, 2014, 12:42:52 PM »
Hehe that was abit of a adventure.. think I'm gonna stick to windows for a few more years :)
Definitely interested in Linux tho so I'll keep testing but i can't really understand the info I'm reading hehe

Good old 3 day update and downloading here I come :p
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 10:05:56 PM by Pusipose »
Abcewaitwhat - Storm Officer

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +108/-102
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
  • Anarchy Online: Caloss2
  • AO Alts: Caloss2 220/2x/xx Melee adv Llewlyn 220 meepmeep Boooocal 220 So Knack 220/xx/xx Keeper
  • Steam: Caloss2 (dah)
Re: well that failed hehe
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 03:20:55 PM »
Ouch, but you don't half those updates 90% of the time.

I'd recommend a separate drive for other OS's I did for while when I experimented with a hackintosh installation hehe

Offline Pusipose

• Apprentice
Re: well that failed hehe
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 04:24:46 PM »
Pfft live on the edge Cal!
But yeah ill be running a separate linux install with windows boot and linux boot after normal boot.

Wasnt that Linux didnt work or anything its just that its so different and i would need more knowledge before i go full Linux =)
Just installing was pretty crazy since i need 1 partition for linux, 1 for /swap memory thing, 1 for /home incase it went to hell and then one EFI boot for  booting since if not my motherboard didnt like Linux and that was just to get Linux to run.
After that i had no idea what i was gonna Mount point my other hdd and ssd to since none of them could be the same mount point apparently.
And seeing as everything gets installed to /Home by default i had no idea how to install anything onto another drive since it wasnt spelt out in crayon apparently hehe.

Definitely something im gonna mess around with on my 2nd 2tb hdd tho.
It was still kinda fun though and i could use a reinstall on windows so its all fine imo.

Anyway service pack 1 installed on win 7 ulti and downloading AO as i type this.

Offline Pusipose

• Apprentice
Re: Linux Adventures with Pusi.. well that failed hehe
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 10:14:16 PM »
Alrighty then i decided screw it and ill give Linux another shot =)

Not that anyone cares but im gonna keep this post updated on how it goes as just a entertainment value and so on type thing.

Starting this time with Linux Mint 17.1 instead of Ubuntu 14.04 since i noticed that the install was better and it dosnt look so much as a tablet OS like Ubuntu does.
Doing this with a USB stick and i plan on turning 1 of my 2 TB HDDs into a dual boot Linux OS where windows has no clue that Linux is on the computer and if windows or Linux were to mess up they would not effect eachother or the booting process of either one.

This means that when i eventually mess this up in about a hour or so i can still log into AO by rebooting the computer hehe.

USB installer is soon done so crossing my fingers that this will work.

Offline Pusipose

• Apprentice
Re: Linux Adventures with Pusi.. well that failed hehe
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 10:53:28 PM »
Wooo its ALIVE! or atleast it works =D

Using USB it was easy enough to install but using EasyBCD 2.2 i changed my booting to open up a menu while booting that if nothing is done windows 7 boots in 10 seconds but if i go down 1 step i can click Linux Mint and Linux starts up =D

And windows has no clue about the HDD linux is on so it cant fool around with it on settings or when i install something.

And this is as far as i have gotten on my knowledge of Linux... now what the hell do i do with it....

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.093 seconds with 26 queries.