Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aequipbot - WARNING TO ALL PLAYERS  (Read 3090 times)

Offline Haminie

• Freshman
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
    • http://reveries.dyndns.org
Aequipbot - WARNING TO ALL PLAYERS
« on: April 28, 2003, 09:12:16 PM »
Ninja: Cause it's just easier.

Offline Ahio

• Former Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +25/-3
  • Anarchy Online: Ahio
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2003, 10:00:48 PM »
Aequipbot pretends to be Skymarshal requesting players give to her items of value to "make references of" and then proceeds to log off and not come back online.

Funcom GM's will not do anything to help stop this player as they feel it is the responsibility of the player to make sure this does not happen. THIS IS A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE AND THE ONLY WAY TO STOP IT FROM HAPPENING TO YOU IS TO BE INFORMED! I STRONGLY advise everyone to email Funcom support to stop this player from scamming another player out of their hard-earned time. This is stealing no matter how you look at it. It is illegal and there should be legal actions taken against this players account.

Umm. Ok. This person is a scammer. What is more alarming are players who gave their items over to have a freakin' reference made out of it!

Ban the imposter and slap the saps who gave their items to him.

Offline Feetus

• Don't blame me
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +122/-63
  • Must .... spam .... more ....
  • Anarchy Online: Feetus
  • AO Alts: Treydor, Pimperoni
  • Steam: Feetus
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2003, 10:10:38 PM »
Yea...that's pretty funny man. What kind of retard actually hands over ph4t l00t to a level 1 who says they are someone else? lol...idiots  :P

Its kinda like natural selection...and if you're stupid enough to hand over the items then you both deserved and needed the lesson you were rewarded with. :lol:

Offline Karrd

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2003, 10:17:09 PM »
too many geeks with phats

Aequipbot -->

:wink:

"exqueezme mistah, could i see that VTE weely quick? I just want to make a wefwence"

omfg dumbass

Offline Okonkwo

• Experienced
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2003, 10:36:31 PM »
Well.. with a name like that I can probably see what this scammer was doing. Probably something along the lines of "Hi do you have a {insert droppable Phatz here} I could make a reference of real quick? Oh this is SkyMarshall btw and Im working on a bot that will do {Insert some task that might have some remote plausibility here} Yeah... Im gonna prolly work it in to Acambot somehow to make it {insert some reason here that this particular person will be able to get what they want from tara}"

Heh... dunn be so quick to jump all over peepz who give out their stuff... prolly young chaps that havent learned how the world works  :?
life is messy...

Okonkwo

Tembo

Offline Stongrel

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-1
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2003, 01:30:19 AM »
Reminds me of that person who jacked Askiles and someone else's HPO's and tried to sell them over Ebay.  Sad thing was it was someone Askiles knew and trusted.

Some people....  :roll:

Offline Bantram

• I EBABYED MY ACCOUNT
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +6/-34
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2003, 03:16:37 AM »
Sad what some people fall for.  If I ever get some phat loot (me no hablo leetspeek) it ain't be leavin' my inventory except for like 999 mil creds.  Fo shizzle bizzle.  Ain't no scummy little cheat gonna releev me of none of my hard wirked for shizzle.  Dat be some crazy junk.  Got it bizzle?  I'll gank to keep my phat loot (2% IQ ring) cuz it be mine and it costed me like 83 creds.  Once u gets a street rep, u gonna get yo ass friggin' ganked like a bizzle.  peace yall.

yawn, i'm tired of my own retardation.
I miss the good old days.

Offline Bantram

• I EBABYED MY ACCOUNT
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +6/-34
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2003, 03:17:47 AM »
BTW Stong, is your avatar that dude beating up a copier in Office Space?  That movie was AWESOME!  (if not, it is still an awesome avatar.)
I miss the good old days.

Offline Angess

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2003, 10:20:43 AM »
Easy to misslead someone with words, and when u play u don t think there are some assholes everywhere.

But I don t understand why Fc act only when the pb grows. They need communication advisor coz they are really bad when pb like that appears.

It s a fact u can t tolerate this kind of behaviour in a game , a minor pb become always a major pb if u do nothing.  And i don t beleive they will do nothing , imagine if all ppl act like thieves , their games fall in one week

Offline Feetus

• Don't blame me
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +122/-63
  • Must .... spam .... more ....
  • Anarchy Online: Feetus
  • AO Alts: Treydor, Pimperoni
  • Steam: Feetus
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2003, 10:30:17 AM »
The only reason this theif got away with anything though is because the idiots who actually handed over valuable items to a level 1 nobody claiming to be somebody.

Its nice of them to go out and warn people like this about a scammer and all. I don't like scammers anymore than anyone else...but if people would stop trusting people they don't know then this might not happen.

I think FunCom did the right thing to NOT investigate it further nor take action against the scammer. This is something that could have and should have been prevented by the players. FunCom shouldn't spend all their time trying to correct people's stupid ass mistakes. They should instead spend their time correcting real bugs and fixing real problems.

People who ninja looted NODROP items IS a problem caused by FunCom, and so I'm glad they're finally taking responsibilty and dealing with the problem when it occurs. Things like this scam though are only facilitated by the stupidity of the players, not by bugs and problems blessed uppon us by FunCom.

Offline Angess

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2003, 12:05:26 PM »
Yah but in AO , we aren t all mature and adults. And if i must have paranoid method when i play , i prefer stop ao.  :crazy:

I don t think it s the same FC employes who can correct your bug and manage this pb, for me it s a customer service and it s their job. Sure , 2 week ago there were a mess about it on launcher to prevent us but ... it s not because u writte somewhere "Warning" that u must forget your customers and don t protect them.

In 10 mn they can check their database, ban this ppl and pb solved. Give back the item is another thing , but why not , i don t think it s a lot work since they can reimburse lost item.

For me it s logik that this ppl must be banned and it s not ppl who can do it. U can t accept  it .

If it s allowed to misslead other ppl and don t be banned, tomorrow i sell aquaan hood , Childgnagna Armor (the blue armor like azure ) , SoulFrag lvl 2 .... and i m sure i will meet Idiots  :twisted:

Offline Nalika

• Experienced
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2003, 07:49:52 PM »
if someone needs a reference, you don't actually have to give em the item either. Just open a trade window, pop it in, and do NOT hit accept...the other party alt clicks the item, and you get a ref.

that's if the other person gives a rat's ass about a 'reference'.....haha. I have to side with the 'natural selection' opinion, what kind of person HANDS OVER items to a level one person? Not only that, but hands over PHAT LEWT to a level one person? I'll tell you. If they're very high level, they're most likely ebayed too  :D no mercy!
take me to the place i love, take me all the way

Joliie: "If it helps to have an insane killer next to you while masturbating, I dont see any harm in it."

Offline Skitty

• Storm Member
  • Freshman
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2003, 11:59:13 PM »
This kind of thing happens in all games. I played Asherons call for a few years and there was a well know and infamous thief called Beasty on the server i played. The guy was pratically a houshold name. Yet after 2 years he was still operating and people were still getting scammed by the guy. And he was proud of it , never denied stealing, openly boasted about it and still plays I belive.

It isn't the software house that is getting scammed and they are happy to take anyone's money. Turbine/Microsoft who make Asherons Call even went as far as saying it added to the roll playing of the game ! WTF !!
Skitty - 160 Agent  (Retired)

Rekal - xxx Shade.

http://www.viz.co.uk

Offline Kit

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2003, 10:01:18 AM »
Quote from: Skitty
Turbine/Microsoft who make Asherons Call even went as far as saying it added to the roll playing of the game ! WTF !!

See what I remember in AC was like... "Patronsname's Cook" scams :p I always question whether a play on the name of a friend of mine IS my friend or some newb. And just like 2 weeks ago I caught a guy pretending... (He was more interested in information than items, though) so it does happen in AO (why wouldn't it...)

As for Turbine saying it adds to RP value... that's exactly what FC said up until a few weeks ago... they're not really at fault for doing what all the mmog's were doing at the time. I bet they change their policies though its a bit late for so many scammed =)

Offline Stongrel

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-1
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2003, 10:47:45 AM »
Kit... have I mentioned how damn sexy you are?  What was this thread about again?  :?

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.121 seconds with 26 queries.