Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone seen matrix reloaded yet?  (Read 11532 times)

Offline Okonkwo

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
Anyone seen matrix reloaded yet?
« on: May 15, 2003, 07:33:45 PM »
I did... and Im sorry to say that I wish they had stopped with the first one.  :?  Dont get me wrong it was a niceish film as far as technique and special FX (Actually sucked here as well during some parts suprisingly  :evil: ) but the directors kinda insult our intelligence by making lavish overtures to the points they were trying to make... Then ofcourse theres the score that was poorly chosen IMO (This is purely relative to music taste so I expect there are some that may have thought it was perfect) "Neo" was still poorly roled by Keanu Reeve's bogus acting skills... (I will admit that his detached expressions and tone of voice do lend themselves to this character more than any other he has done in the past but there were some scenes that he utterly failed to deliver  :evil: )

On the plus side, the sound effects were on point like nothing else... (Sitting smack dab in the middle of the theater) There were alot of visuals I've never seen before. My favorite character, IMO the backbone of these films, Agent Smith, gave yet another GREAT performance and a few new and interesting characters were introduced that I hope to see more of  :twisted:

Anyway, so as not to risk a spoiler, I'll let you all who are yet to see it give it a looksee and come back here to post what you think. Also I'd like to add that I do tend to scrutinize films so my opinion may not be the most representative  :roll:
life is messy...

Okonkwo

Tembo

Offline Citir

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-0
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 07:43:54 PM »
i'm gonna watch it in 2 days but at first i thought you were joking with these bad comments about movie, i mean OMG MATRIX RELOADED WILL PWN

anyway i'll watch it and tell you what i think
Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again

Offline Nalika

• Experienced
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 07:51:56 PM »
*buffs Okon w/ Critic's Bane (+5 to all buzzwords)*
take me to the place i love, take me all the way

Joliie: "If it helps to have an insane killer next to you while masturbating, I dont see any harm in it."

Offline Immense

• Storm Member
  • Rookie
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 07:54:46 PM »
I am going to go see it on saturday, I will post more on it then! I really think that the twins look cool in the previews... But we shall see!
NERFED!!!!11

Offline Xing

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 08:16:52 PM »
Heh, I saw it last night. I liked it alot, but me and my friends had more fun with the audience. People were throwing around beach balls (atleast 20 were in the air at all times), and some guy was throwing tortilla's around liek frizbee's, that was pretty interesting :p

The little mech warrior guys with chainguns are pretty cool too  :)

Oh and when you see it, stay after the credits. They show the preview for Revolutions.
-gnix on efnet

Offline Toffingen

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 09:13:29 PM »
hmm.. I DONT BELIVEVE YOU!!!!!!!!!  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Ive been looking forword to this movie for about 3 years? so ur

not gonna take that away from me!!  :evil:  :evil:

Gonna see it may 22. and i love it allready! no matter what u say  :P

Offline Okonkwo

• Experienced
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 09:24:58 PM »
Quote from: Nalika
*buffs Okon w/ Critic's Bane (+5 to all buzzwords)*

He he he Thanks  :D  (Buzzwords help keep peoples minds off the weak points  :wink: )

To summarize what I said, its a pretty good movie other than some minor details that got under my skin  :P
life is messy...

Okonkwo

Tembo

Offline Karrd

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 09:29:50 PM »
lol yes, seeing a big movie on opening day is alot of fun  :D

can't wait to see it this weekend

yea, reeves doesn't exactly hit the mark his films often, but the acting sucked in SW2 too. just have to try to look past it and enjoy the movie ;D

AND OMFGZ THE MATIX ONLINE

Offline Olmy

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 10:34:39 PM »
Hehe already seen it twice (last night at 10:00 and today at 12:00)  All in all I think it was a very good movie.  Fight scenes were of course spectacular, storyline was very good, nice plot twists and good overall cohesion.  Music wasn't as good as it was in the last one but that makes little diffrence.  The Architect guy tied my brain in knots the first time I saw it so you'll probably need to see it multiple times to completely understand everything.  I got alot more out of seeing it the second time since I could spend more time listening to the dialogue.

As I said very good movie probably the best in a long time I highly recomend it.
It matters little how we die, so long as we die better men then we imagined we could be--

And no worse than we feared.

SerOlmy - Nanomage NanoTech

Offline Obit

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 12:56:04 AM »
you throw around BEACH BALLS and TACOS in the frikkin cinemas? i can't believe it, where are you some kind of alternate reality? that's frikkin bizarre. :x

Offline Bantram

• I EBABYED MY ACCOUNT
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +6/-34
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 02:06:24 AM »
I'm seeing it in 2 hours. i'll post when i get home!!!!

methinks it shall be neato.
I miss the good old days.

Offline Jslim

• Rookie
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 02:35:21 AM »
Quote from: Pinionx
where are you some kind of alternate reality?

yeah, its called the united states :twisted:  :twisted: .... and i just saw the movie bout 2hrs ago. its was cool, but i liked the first one better  :x
Account Canceled:
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 04:31:20 GMT

Offline Karrd

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 02:49:04 AM »
lol NOT tacos!

havn't you ever been to a concert where theres beachballs going around? or a sports event? its the same for the movies on opening day - everyones rev'd up, people applaud when the badguy dies, they cheer when the movie finally starts. lol fun  :)

hahah, opening day of LOTR. That orc dude gets his head chopped off and the entire crowd cheers.  :shock:  :D  :lol:

Offline maiziera

• Freshman
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 04:12:11 AM »
Things I said to Zolt (or he said to me) during our viewing of the Matrix Reloaded:

Me: "OMG! Why are all those crats beating up on that MA?"

Me: "Wait?! How can he switch from ma to 1he to 2hb so quickly?! How does he have the IP for all that?"

Zolt: "He's not an MA, he's a GM. Look at all those exploits!"

Me: "Ahhh, so Morpheus is an enforcer. He's much better with his 2hand edged sword. Is that a katana of celerity?"

Me: "And Trinity, definitely a fixer."

Zolt: "Why?"

Me: "That outfit. Who else could pull that outfit off but a fixer?"

Me: "He's an Engineer now? 'Sploiter!!"

And during our viewing of the original Matrix a while back:

Zolt: "Ohhhh, so Neo's a nanomage. Look, he's got the spiny things and everything!"

Me: "Wow, think of all the IP it took to be able to use all those weapons."

Zolt: "I think they're all fixers."

Me in the car on the way home: "Wait! Neo's an agent! That explains EVERYTHING!!!!"

:lol:

Offline Machiavelli

• fr00b
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 04:25:14 AM »
I was wondering why the two of you were cracking up so much.   :wink:

My g/f and I enjoyed it.  I'd recommend brushing up on your german philosophy first, heh.   :shock:
Machiavelli, Bureaucrat

Offline Karrd

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2003, 04:34:11 AM »
Quote from: maiziera

Me in the car on the way home: "Wait! Neo's an agent! That explains EVERYTHING!!!!"

:lol:

lol  :P    :D

Offline GoldenEagle

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2003, 04:37:31 AM »
im gonna see it when it arrives on 22 of may

Offline Feetus

• Don't blame me
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +122/-63
  • Must .... spam .... more ....
  • Anarchy Online: Feetus
  • AO Alts: Treydor, Pimperoni
  • Steam: Feetus
The Matrix Reloaded: Disappointment
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2003, 05:17:31 AM »
Okay...for those of you who haven't seen it yet...unless you're big into special effects, lame fighting sequences, or rediculous amounts of long, drawn out philosophical dialouge...wait to go see this one in the dollar theater.

If you wait to see this movie in the dollar theater at least you won't have anything to be upset about...you only spent a dollar or two to see it.

In my opinion...umm...this movie sucked. They put in way too many subplots that they never go into detail on. I think they tried to hide the fact that they had no real story by attempting to confuse the viewer with boring and somewhat rediculous philosophy. There is entirely too much crap in their about cause and effect.

I really was disappointed by the amount of time wasted in this movie in scenes such as the dance at zion, the girl eating cake, and philosophical discussion; where instead they could have used this time better to explain all the newly added people and components to the matrix. The ghosting twins, the hallways of doors, doors that change where they lead to everytime they open and close, new characters, etc.

Then at the end they finally build up to a story with some action and then slap a "TO BE CONTINUED" on the screen and ask that you come back in November to watch the story. I really left the theater feeling disappointed and dissatisfied. I will not be the first one to go and see the next movie in the theater.

I don't usually expect sequels to be as good as the original, and seeing as how rediculous the first movie was getting at the end of it I was actually expecting this movie to not be quite as good as the original. The way they handled this movie was a joke though. It is far too different and ask too much of the viewer to really be suckered into believing whatever we are told. It stretches way beyond the original movie and just sticks too much new garbage and philosophy in it to keep my interest.

*POTENTIAL SEMI-SPOILER, ALTHOUGH MAYBE NOT BELOW:*

The way they drew this movie to a close is one thing that just really kinda burned me at the end of it. The whole banter between Neo and the architect was really boring and I thought it was basically flawed, especially by the video he was showing. They also had a short dialogue apparently stating that Zion had already been destroyed by the machines...but the actual destruction of Zion was never shown...which kinda pissed me off. Maybe I'm wrong and Zion wasn't destroyed but that's what I thought I caught...and the people just didn't seem to be too concerned about it or discuss it much.

I agree with this review of it a lot, but I would give it a lower score...probably a 4/10 or maybe 5/10. A few quotes from that which I would really go along with:

Really, I could have gone and played video games for the entire opening hour and still have understood what was going on. In fact, I probably would have liked the movie better if I had.

Then there?s the complete unneccesary scene involving the people of Zion participating in some kind of tribal dance that is intercut with shots of Neo and Trinity making love. This scene just seems to go on and on and really has no point. If I wanted to watch a bunch of people bumping and grinding I?d watch MTV.

The highlight of the films is easily the fourteen-minute chase sequence that destroys a lot of cars. Watching Trinity ride around weaving in and out of traffic provided the movie with a much-needed rush of adenaline.

In my opinion, The Matrix Reloaded can?t be described as anything more than a disappointment

On a final note: My girlfriend rented the movie "The Hot Chick" starring Rob Schneider last night...and it was a much more entertaining and fulfilling movie than The Matrix: Reloaded could ever hope to be. So eat that  :P

Offline Elisabeth

• Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +6/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2003, 05:44:23 AM »
Recommend any books "The Prince"?  8)

Offline -forgottenone-

• Experienced
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2003, 06:41:21 AM »
matrix 2 pwned best movie i have seen this year
WOW Whisperwind Priest - Adeathdealer

Question: If you could live forever, would you and why? Answer: "I would not live forever!  because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever,"
--Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest.

Offline maiziera

• Freshman
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2003, 06:45:24 AM »
Oh yeah, and as for thoughts? I liked it.  I went in afraid that there would be too much action and not enough plot, but discovered that it was a nice combination of the two.

Personally, I thought that the rave/lovemaking scene was one of the better ones in the movie, demonstrating not only the culture of Zion but the bond between Neo and Trinity as shown through their lovemaking and the peoples' dancing.  

Several of the action scenes got to be a bit silly, and one of them looked so choreographed it was like watching a martial arts demonstration only with slow motion.

However, the plot was the important part of the movie for me, and that was well served.  Things did get a bit confusing near the end, but that sequence was told out of time-order.  If you noticed, Morpheus was talking about what they were /going/ to do while it was intermixed with shots of what they were actually doing.  

Also, the thing about the architect guy's supposed discontinuity could easily be explained by one of the big themes: whatever will happen is determined by your decisions which have already been made.  So in a manner of speaking, the future has already occured at the point where the decision is made, whether you know it or not.

Offline Linolea

• You're so pretty when I'm drunk...
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +19/-5
  • I'm a sextoy...
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2003, 07:47:13 AM »
I'll go see it one of these days

Liked the first one, especially because of the style and atmostphere, the plot was not uninteresting either.

Seems from this thread that people either hate it or love it, which imo is a good thing, since it means it isnt just another neutral copy of a copy and actually depends on people's taste, which too few movies do... Anyhoo ill check it out soon, when all the hype around it has evaporated a bit, i hate to stand in line, and sit in an overcrowded cinema :)

Offline shaitan00

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2003, 09:45:05 AM »
Heh, reading Trey's post it was a good thing I know prehand that Trey is an oddball-know-it-all so I could totally dismiss his warning ;)

Going to watch it Thursday next week and I'll make up my own mind. It's all about taste in movies as Lino says.

lol, and WTF is up with the beachballs and food throwing?  I went to an American theatre in... well I forget where, but there was a huge coke stain on the canvas... guess someone diden't like the previous movie.

You americans get way too emotional @ the movies :P

Offline Linolea

• You're so pretty when I'm drunk...
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +19/-5
  • I'm a sextoy...
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2003, 09:54:35 AM »
I only went to one premier of a movie, and that was Titanic (shame on me), the movie was awfull but i made up for that by laughing my ass off whenever people were getting killed... Was kinda funny to see all the people in the theater looking at me in a "what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-you" kinda way lol...

kinbari

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2003, 11:29:20 AM »
I loved it.  But also note, I am also totally biased towards anything Keanu-esque.  He is sexy and I would go deacky on him and suck the hell out of his toes.  I also went into the theatre with an entire suspension of disbelief attitude. I knew there were gonna be things that were left vague, somethings focused on too much, loopholes and a whole crap load of eye candy (acrobatical fight scenes).  Oh...  Speaking of eye candy, HOORAY FOR GRATUITOUS KEANU SEX SCENES.    Talk about fan-service.  The music was kinda on the iffy side I will agree, but I can deal.  I'm not going to get into the plot since I hate posting spoilers.  The only thing I really annoyed me was Link playing constant comic relief.  Its not that necessary for him to say something goofy everytime Neo does something cool to try to get a laugh out of me.

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.092 seconds with 26 queries.