Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cardboard Tube Samurai  (Read 2382 times)

Offline Captain Planet

• Apprentice
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
Cardboard Tube Samurai
« on: June 20, 2003, 01:05:45 AM »
This is a lil creative writing I did, hopefully someone will enjoy it!

I got the main idea from this Penny Arcade series.

Life just hasn't been the same.  I used to be your average kid, halfway through a computer science degree at the University, trying to squeak by life without it noticing me too much as it zipped on by.  But then it hit me.  Flying through the air and out of a third story window this five foot long cardboard tube fell down to me, spinning, as I walked towards my apartment.  It knocked me flat on my back.  But, for some reason, that didn't make me angry.  Maybe it was a celestial calling, or an alignment of nature's energy, or the concussion making me woozy, but suddenly, in that split-second, as the bruise grew so did my serenity.  I felt totally at peace.  I slowly got back up, taking stock of my surroundings again.  I could hear the faint, sweet chirping of the cockroaches behind the dumpster, the muffled cough of a worn out muffler somewhere out on the streets.  I'd never been all that musical, but for the first time I felt in tune with my surroundings... It was as if the world had been playing a concierto and now that I was finally paying attention I could play along by ear.  That was when I almost got run over... luckliy I heard the whir of the tires before the kid's bike was on top of me, and so I stepped aside as he skidded by.  Right away I could feel something was wrong though, he was so focused on something... It didn't make sense.  Then I saw him reach for the pie that Mrs. Tao had left on her windowsill, and everything clicked into place.  The tube, the city, the thief about to make off with fresh apple pie.  I knew what I had to do.  In a quick cartwheel I deftly picked up the sturdy tube on the alley floor, my one time assailant, and now the sickle I would use to reap justice!  I did a sailing back flip and landed just in front of the bike as the kid tried to pedal off with his loot.  In one smooth motion I slipped the tube through one of the straps on the backpack he had stuffed the pie in, and slid it off with his ill-gotten gains snugly inside.  As soon as he realized the jig was up he peeled out of the alley as fast as he could, but there was one thing I had yet to do... *BONK!*  He wobbled for a second and gave one last sheepish glance over his shoulder as he disappeared around the corner.  I knew then that he wouldn't be sneaking from any more windowsills.  I knew then that my tidy little life had too much purpose, too much meaning to go back to the University the next day for yet another lecture.  I had a destiny.  I had a reason.  And I had a cardboard tube... I guess sometimes things just fall into place.
Capplanet- The Don

Martir- Monk

Planetir- Scout

Electioneer- Bureaucrat

Offline Runaar

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-1
Cardboard Tube Samurai
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 02:15:30 AM »
Cool story! I want more :P
Beer+AO*XP/Time+TV+1(Kebab, Pizza, Hamburger)= Regular Day.

(Insert Random Sig of an Atrox Banana here)

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.072 seconds with 26 queries.