Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Question about PvP  (Read 1825 times)

Offline Technist

• fr00b
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
Question about PvP
« on: July 03, 2003, 12:08:09 AM »
Storm folks,

Had an idea for PvP and wondered if anyone had tried it....or if it would work.

Okay, say you (Storm) attack a big OMNI org (for this example BoB) towers. Say, you smash the CT and then place your own CT in it's place...

Now say, soon as you get your up, you get a hold of the leadership for some tiny, piddly-arse OMNI Org and invite them to place a CT tower in your new tower's place.....

You /terminate your tower, the piddly OMNI org places there's and voila... you've just created beauty and comedy gold...

Now, if [BoB] wants to get their land back, they have to attack a piddly little OMNI org and screw their rep with other OMNIs. If you keep the the land you take from [BoB] then of course they're just gonna lauch attack after attack until they get it back.

Would this work? Could this work? Questions? Thoughts?

Technist 139 NT and proud advisor to the folks of Sanctuary

Hyjal

Question about PvP
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 12:15:46 AM »
It would.

Offline shaitan00

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
Question about PvP
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 12:19:58 AM »
Why would we help the wee Omni guild in the first place? Don't think we have any special grudge large enough against any Omni guild that we would go to that much trouble to piss them off ;)

Offline maniac

• fr00b
Question about PvP
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 12:40:50 AM »
Don't see why it wouldn't work, but no we haven't ever done that nor would we. Having a full set of control towers would make it impossible or at least extremely painful. Maybe that's one thing they were trying to prevent with the 5% gas time period.

Offline Technist

• fr00b
Question about PvP
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2003, 03:24:03 AM »
Quote from: shaitan00
Why would we help the wee Omni guild in the first place? Don't think we have any special grudge large enough against any Omni guild that we would go to that much trouble to piss them off ;)

It's not about helping the wee guild; it's about blocking the Big ones. I am very happy that you don't have any grudges against any Omni Org that big. I hope you never do. For a lot of other Orgs in the clans however, there are some that exist. I just assumed that if it was possible, Storm would be a good resource to go to to answer questions as you've been around a long time and have many high level players that are well versed in Tower battles and PvP.

I came to the right place and got the answer I was looking for. Thanks and cheers to all of you!

Offline Joliie

• Supreme Gimp.
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +50/-7
  • No Ma'am!
  • Anarchy Online: Joliie
  • AO Alts: Chianja
  • Steam: Joliie
  • Xbox Live: UltimateW
Question about PvP
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2003, 08:33:03 AM »
Let me ask you this, if a big bad omni guild took your towers and offered to give back the spots to you if you attack either Storm or Tempest? Would you do it??
Joliie - Storm 4 ever!

Offline Technist

• fr00b
Question about PvP
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2003, 08:43:48 AM »
Would I? No.

Would Sanctuary or any other AP Org? Certainly not.

Are there some Clan Orgs that would? You better believe it. Heck, I've seen enough team chat in pick-up teams bashing Storm or Op4 or Redemption, you name it, just out of jealousy and I bet you have too. I'm willing to bet the same goes for any large, powerful and together Org whether Clan, neut or Omni.

I'm not asking whether it is a good/bad idea, just wanted to know if it was possible.

Offline Kit

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-0
Question about PvP
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2003, 09:59:41 AM »
yeah, it would work, in that, it would keep the large guild from getting that base back. storm wouldn't do it though because we already have our max LCAs, and we're really just about helping other clan guilds get more spots. anything to keep clan on top... so of course that wouldn't include letting a small omni org get a base that we worked to take down.

at least that's how I see it ;)

Offline Sythex

• fr00b
Question about PvP
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2003, 01:49:17 PM »
Yes you could do that, thats called griefing. Pretty lame imo if you ask me.. but why take a base you arnt going to use or have another clan org put to use?

Hyjal

Question about PvP
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2003, 01:58:44 PM »
To make Omni grief among themselves and so that they rot and just VANISH!

Kthx.

Offline Technist

• fr00b
Question about PvP
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2003, 07:06:44 AM »
Quote from: Hyjal
To make Omni grief among themselves and so that they rot and just VANISH!

Kthx.

This was more of what i was getting at. Moreover, I understand the sentiment that,"Why give to a little omni org what we could help a clanner org take?"

The thing is this: getting organized and taking a tower base from Omni is a lot easier than defending one we took from one of their larger orgs day after day in this current time. As for now they WILL take it back. The senario I had in mind prevents this. Then, over time, once you have enough of these mini omni bases set, if one so desires to make that spot clan at a later date(one in which said clan org is better prepared for clan defense) then you just go and take it from the wee omnis like candy from a baby.

For those of you thinking I am supporting griefing or that this tactic is lame? Like you said, that is one's opinion. IMHO, as for the side struggle, and to add a little local colour, "If yer gonna be in it; be in it ta win it!" or as Hardee's would say, " If yer gonna go; go all out!"

Thanks again, and I hope you Storm folks don't view my banter as an intrusion into your forums. I like you folks in general as everyone I've personally come across has always been helpful to me.

Offline Telendor

• Freshman
Question about PvP
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2003, 05:54:58 AM »
the amount of storm bashing i see in groups is rather sad.
Saban "Telendor" Ayanami, 175(OMGYES!) Colonel.

Offline Karrd

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
Question about PvP
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2003, 06:39:41 AM »
OOooooorrrrrrrrr

you could just kill both Bob and Piddly-Arse and keep the extra xp bonus for yourself

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.125 seconds with 26 queries.