Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cyborg event today in avalon.  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Obit

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-0
Cyborg event today in avalon.
« on: July 31, 2003, 11:54:19 PM »
I was kickin' off today inside s-gate with pizza grandiosa and chocolate milk when a guy was shouting about a big event in avalon. Being the doubtful person I am I decided to check it out myself before spamming guild chat. True enough, there was something going on alright. Here's the scene at arrival:

Approx. 2 minutes after I arrive we move out. Our progress is beset, obviously, by terrible cyborgs. Resisting the clans is futile, so they were quickly subdued.

After our parade of power, the cyborgs quickly figured out that bigger guns were required. So, they bring out their freakishly big commander and his protig?. By this time more stormers have arrived, to join the fun.. or so we all thought.

When we got him down to 15% hp, he suddenly keeled over and died, after which we all got greeted by the good ol' Server Down screen.

2 minutes later the servers were back online. Greenies realized their game couldn't handle the amount of people this event has attracted, so the rest of the event was pretty boring and consisted of walking back to the castle south of camelot... no more cyborgs to be found :(

All in all I'd rate this event with a B+.. it was great fun until the servers crashed, which is obviosuly not the greenies fault.

Here's hoping for more events like this in the future.

Hyjal

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2003, 11:57:05 PM »
Well, if you would have had me there, they would never have crashed ;)

Offline Feetus

• Don't blame me
  • Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +122/-63
  • Must .... spam .... more ....
  • Anarchy Online: Feetus
  • AO Alts: Treydor, Pimperoni
  • Steam: Feetus
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 12:42:46 AM »
Wow...sounds like they're almost starting to figure out how to make an interesting and worthwhile event. A couple days ago there were a few green-named soldiers wearing all flowers outside Tir south gate asking people for help with a task. They told everyone to go to the whompas at Reet's and wait there. I was curious as to what might be going on and so I went along with it. I went to the whompas there and waited a bit...a number of other people and the ARKs finally showed up. We were told to head south to an area where there were some omnis at in a PvP area...there were omni greenies there and one of them supposedly had some sensitive information that the clan arks wanted to get. The clanners started heading that direction...it was a timed type of deal...the Omnis were going to be leaving the area soon and the clanners had to hurry...except that the ARKs led the parade of clanners down there walking. By the time most of the people arrived the Omnis left and the event was over. It was just a total waste of time...really rediculous. The location was bad too because there was a small area in the 25% that was 75%. This was nice for me to be able to stand in so I wouldn't get attacked while waiting for the other clanners to arrive...the only problem was that the 75% area was a save and reclaim for the omnis. So of course, all the omnis saved right there. It would have been about impossible for the clanners to defeat the omnis because they had all saved right there...not more than 20m away from the omni ark who was the prime target.

Glad someone knew at least a bit of something for that event for you, Pinion.  :?

Offline MrSteel

• Rookie
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 02:33:41 AM »
Why is every1 screaming my name at last pic?  :shock:
Why nerf enfs and make many other better, when they already had an advantage against us enfs! :((((

NERF LONG POSTS!!!

Offline Saipo

• Rookie
    • http://www.ao-shades.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 07:45:25 AM »
I heard Kaja advertising this but opted to go to BS  :oops:

It's a pity that sometimes (all the time?) the servers crash due to numbers but you've got some real cool pics out of it. You could sell AO on ppl's screenies alone, the game looks that good :)

Regards, Saipo
======================

Greyman - agent alt

Shadedgrey - shade alt

Visit AO Shades - the Home of the Shade Profession

======================

Offline Dube

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2003, 04:27:09 AM »
OMG!!! I spotted my twin in the third screenie!!!

the one walking with the Hellspinner out.

We must have been separated at birth.

If this was YOU! Contect me please i would love to meet up and talk about all the things we have missed over the years we were apart.

na na na na na na I was the loved one.

(sorry just completly bored waiting for uniques to spawn)
Death Before Dishonour

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Kill'em all let God sort'em out

Id rather die on the battlefield than live on my knees

You can run but you'll only die tired.

Forgivness is Gods Job I just arrange the meetings.

-={On a hill, up a tree, tickle her gently, make her pee, if your still reading, you must be, a bit of a pervert, just like me.}=-

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 26 queries.