Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: When is roleplaying taken too far? (UNCENSORED!)  (Read 11489 times)

Offline Koritus

• Freshman
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
When is roleplaying taken too far? (UNCENSORED!)
« on: November 11, 2003, 03:21:01 AM »
go Here for the censored version.

It is not my style to hold a grudge against anyone, especially if they realize that what they did was wrong and apologize for it. But to knowingly killsteal from someone and practically be PROUD of it just infuriates me to no end.

Roleplaying a clan sided character or an omni sided character is perfectly ok. I have nothing against those who do this. If you don't want to team with me because I'm clan, fine. If you don't want to help me out if I'm losing a fight because I'm clan, fine. If you don't want to sell me something you have? Hey, it's your loss. But since when did roleplaying suddenly include the "obligation" for someone to harrass you??

to avoid a flame thread that would serve no purpose, I won't disclose the details of what happened. Let's just say that me and the group of people I was with got KS'ed on a hard to get boss. Not just once mind you, but twice.

How can someone even attempt to justify KSing by saying that they're "Roleplaying"? Just because my character says clan and yours says omni, that does not mean that I am any less of a player then you. We are both humans, playing a game, just because the game says we're at war, that does not entitle you to be a complete jackass to other players does it?

What bothers me the most about this, is that the KSers in question we're practically shielded by the EULA! WE almost got banned for profanity and harrassment! They got away scott free! Where's the LOGIC in this??

Ohh, wait a second, I see where the fault in my logic occured, I believed that AO's EULA had some semblance of logic in it! What a fool I am!

/rant off
Koritus, unit member of lost chapter, and forum troller apprentice to Strayduck.

Offline Stongrel

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-1
Re: When is roleplaying taken too far? (UNCENSORED!)
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 07:33:07 AM »
*REMOVED*

YOU'RE A BIG FUG'N BABY!

Offline Stray

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-1
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2003, 12:42:34 PM »
Stong, you missed the point of the post i think. MR are currently back to KS'ing and FFA'ing without warning at Mercs.
:: Disco "Strayduck" Duck - Equipment - History ::

<Lyetur> and where have you been hiding Ducky?

<Lyetur> or do you just not speak on org chat?

<Jokque> strayduck isnt in storm,,, hehe

Offline Wolfe

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +3/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 01:08:57 PM »
You can petition, the ark will tell you to write an email to support@anarchy-online.com

Write an Email, the person at support@anarchy-online.com will tell you to STFU and warn you against running grassroot campaigns against other players.

Or you can use the cancel account button and wait for some real games to launch, one is due soon enough for you to take a timely break before it launches.

Offline Koritus

• Freshman
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2003, 01:11:36 PM »
Yeah, I am newer to the game then most of you (6 months in and I still feel like a newbie plenty of times). If this thread seems like I'm trying "to get attention or comfort" then sorry, but that's not the intention at all.

My goal from this thread was to find out what Storm's view is on kill stealing, and if you guys think that maybe FC's policy on KSing needs to be changed.

You were competing for a mob most likely. You lost. In theory you could have been trying to KS them. Basically, a mob thats camped by multiple groups, goes to whomever outdamages the most. Its not kill stealing. And shouting profanities doesnt exactly help your cause when you petition.

First of all we weren't competing for a mob. We had agreed before the spawning at mercs started that we would get these bosses and they would get those bosses (don't recall the split atm). Secondly, the KS team in question hadn't been "camping", they coincidentally showed up right when the first boss had been pulled.

Edit- just saw Wolfe's post. Those were my first thoughts sadly "I can already think of another MMO where this kind of crap doesn't happen." I was told that I should petition this, I said that wouldn't help at all. I was told to email, and I said that might help but ONLY if it reaches the right person. (hmm, maybe Marius? I'm sure he could change the KS policy. :P )
Koritus, unit member of lost chapter, and forum troller apprentice to Strayduck.

Offline kini

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
    • http://www33.brinkster.com/kinbari/artindex.htm
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2003, 02:24:16 PM »
Strangely when we thought of such actions as kill-stealing, other observing guilds thought of it as kill-stealing, and the perpetrators referred to it blatantly as kill-stealing (while trying to sugar-coat it with role-play crap)... you'd think FC would do something.  

Nope.  It is 'proper game mechanics' and if you disagree you are welcome to write an email to wedontgiveashit@anarchy-online.com.  I recall that day trying to even up the odds with the KS'ing omnis, and the ARK griefage Wolfe and Storm recieved.  Oh, and dont get me started on the EULA.  It would make good reading.. if I printed it on a roll of toilet paper.

I totally forgot that our nice little Midnight Reveries thread has been missing in action with our Public Grudges Forum... I was searching for a linkie. =/
WoW Fashion Show - Woodland

Offline Stray

• Experienced
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2003, 02:30:44 PM »
Emails are already sent either way wether it works or not. This pure griefing has got to stop either way. Would be great if you could dump that thread into the General forum and lock it so i can link to that post when speaking to FC.

Cheers,

Strayduck.

Offline Caleena

• #1 Anything, ever!
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +46/-8
  • Brainsssss....
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 02:33:39 PM »
Stray, It doesn't really matter hun.

However you can MSN me, and ill .txt file it up for you if i can find it.

Funcom will-not do anything against someone who is using the EULA as a shield.

Good luck with it though.

Offline Spluggorth

• Exiled Trader
  • Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +9/-2
  • Cry Havoc! and let loose the dogs of War!
  • Anarchy Online: Spluggorth
  • AO Alts: Necronheim, Zardukar, Splynkryyth and 4 more
  • PSN ID: TSW: Spluggorth / Storm
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 02:50:28 PM »
not to mention that several of those KSer are ARKs themselves ........so dont bother with it.

Offline Addice

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +10/-11
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 03:01:49 PM »
Quote from: Spluggorth
not to mention that several of those KSer are ARKs themselves ........so dont bother with it.

oh oh oh. i know one of those ARKS :D

didn't MR learn a lesson when we ODed them at Mercs? i would think after losing a few Mercs to us that they would stop this. they are a bunch of lamers.

i blame Veev

Offline Spluggorth

• Exiled Trader
  • Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +9/-2
  • Cry Havoc! and let loose the dogs of War!
  • Anarchy Online: Spluggorth
  • AO Alts: Necronheim, Zardukar, Splynkryyth and 4 more
  • PSN ID: TSW: Spluggorth / Storm
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 03:12:15 PM »
second issue, when we move ian far from camp to have him in a 25% zone, an ARK came there Instantly..how often does arks arrive instantly? when petitioned??

Offline kini

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
    • http://www33.brinkster.com/kinbari/artindex.htm
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 03:32:59 PM »
But the ARK's had to save our base!!!  Ian was AOE'ing it!! OMG!! We were commiting base suicide!! /sarcasm

I still love how Wolfe's quick thinking and creativity in such a frustrating situation got him rewarded with threats and disrespect by the very people he was paying to play.  Omni's decide its good game mechanics to KS a mob that they didnt help spawn and FC doesnt bat an eyelash. Wolfe makes a clever manouver to make it a little more fun for those brave KS'ers who feared no reprocussions (ie. if you want to KS that mob follow us to where we can shoot your asses back-- or back off...), and thats grief.

I dont care what FC, Fadinaway, or any of those other -insert expletive here- say-- that was fair play and pretty damn amusing having been there to witness it.  And yeah those magical ARK's never appeared from their lame ass notum clouds faster than on that faithful day.
WoW Fashion Show - Woodland

Offline Stongrel

• Experienced
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 04:30:44 PM »
Sorry kiddies.   Its not kill stealing.  Funcom doesnt consider it kill stealing either.  There are several different groups wanting a mob, its competition.  You're upset MR doesnt want to obey your commands.  Get used to the fact Mercs is FFA whenever someone likes.

There are so many people wanting azure now.  All the noobs are hitting 200.  Really do some people a favor and dont come here looking for sympathy.  I personally applaud MR for doing as they wish, whenever they wish.  The rest of you babies crying at Merc because someone wont play nice or obey your rules need to grow the fuck up.

Offline Stongrel

• Experienced
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 04:32:51 PM »
Quote from: Stray
Stong, you missed the point of the post i think. MR are currently back to KS'ing and FFA'ing without warning at Mercs.

Who cares?  Do you own Merc camp?  No

Offline Morelian

• Rookie
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 04:50:11 PM »
The last time I went there and MR was there they were pretty nice actually.  Guess it depends what mood they are in at the time.

Can't remember the MR guy who said this, but he said Mercs were like Smugglers Den, most damage wins.  So if Storm or MR is at Merc camp then basically game mechanics is in operation.

Not saying I agree with any of this, and therefore going there is committing myself and whoever goes there to a huge potential loss of time.

This behavior can easily be carried over to other uniques, which fortunately isn't the case NOW, but could be, and I don't think any of us want that.  I mean if MR spawns lamb and LC goes and kills him and gets loot rights, its all RP right?

Offline Stray

• Experienced
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2003, 05:11:46 PM »
Quote from: Stongrel
Who cares?  Do you own Merc camp?  No

lol, sometimes i cant help but laugh at your comments dude. Because you dont own something doesnt mean you can abuse it.

No, im not complaining. My post was just to clear up what he was talking about on the whole. Its also a warning to Storm to look out for MR's little KT's.

Cheers,

Strayduck.

Offline Cruchot

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2003, 05:17:18 PM »
Everybody know MR are griefers, its not something new, and we cant really do something against that

The fact you can see the band of Midnight reveries lamerz, 2 km away from you, hiding behind a tree, preparing the best KT possible to destroy your work, acting like thiefs for their shameful profits.

fact is we have to always be vigilants with MR.

It has been proved thoses morons are griefers. all the morons in this game joined and formed a guild called Midnight Reveries.

KSing others is their pleasure.

while honorables guilds do the necessary and hard work ,

It has been proven than some of their members are littles nazis supporters, and their gamestyle reminds nazis methods.

It has been proven that some of their members are ninja looters and liars (Hirum for exemple), ninja looting clans but omnis too when they fail at OD.

It has been proven Funcom protect them because they have many ARK in their ranks. my question is : Why dont they recruit Meister?

All this prove they Are the worst grifers in this game, protected by Funcom. We cant do same to them cause we would be disbanded.

We just can be prepared before every raids.

Thoses band of littles dicks can come from anywhere just for the pleasure to grief us.

But we have to keep in mind those gimps has NO TALENT AT ALL.

they are just pathetic, not interesting as players, they are not players, they are cheaters and lamah.

They are so infamous, everyone with common sense in this game know that. and everybody will know that in every game those gimpz will join, till they wake up and accept they are shameful, and disappear.

It our responsabilities to be prepared to host those gimps at our raids, by having the best kt possible
Cruchot, Fixer

Offline maniac

• fr00b
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2003, 07:20:39 PM »
Here's a thread on their forums where they brag about griefing and kill-stealing, if you want to read up on the previous encounters.

A few quotes from their forums:

MR/Starlight will continue to KS Clan at any given opportunity as long as Omni-Tek still have bases to control. If you want us to stop KSing, start killing Omni bases. We're not your bitches and you can't do a God damn thing to us otherwise. There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING YOU CAN EVER DO TO HURT US IN THE WAY WE'RE HURTING YOU NOW.

-Haminie

You should concentrate on other things, because whatever you say, we are going to continue with what we feel pisses you off the most.

-Hirum

We do whatever it takes to piss 'clan' off would be a more correct term.

-Hirum

We're hurting you. And that makes us feel good.

-Arinia

Stop griefing our bases (yes when you attack people solely to upset or hurt the owners and for no other reason I'd call it greifing if anyone is greifing here), and drop the Free for All policy that shows a total lack of respect for smaller guilds and makes them feel bullied. Then we will have no choice but to feel ashamed of ourselves for KSing such nice people.

-Vhalor

We will kill-steal every mob that you spawn

-Hirum

I will always show up for a good KS to deprieve you of a chance of equipment, and show you that wasting time farming only to have your "raid" go to shit is EXACTLY how A LOT of omni feel atm towards this clan crap at mercs.?

- Isgrimnur

We sent our complaints to Fadinaway and were told initially if we did what they were we'd be banned and disbanded. He then turned around and said that it was perfectly within game policy for them to grief us. Here's where he threatened us and told us Funcom has a double standard. He expects us to behave better than MR:

Quote from: Jerry Godwin (Fadinaway)
On my final point. Any threats to purposefully and maliciously harm the play experience of our players is taken very seriously. My first thought was to get online to inform "Wolfe" that someone in Storm was using these types of threats. I was sure "Wolfe" would work to solve the issue rather than have another member make these threats. I then realized you are "Wolfe". Wolfe, I am sure you have no desire to risk Storm, but if it is found you are griefing players as a defiant act and on purpose I will not hesitate to disband that organization and remove the offenders. We will not tolerate a campaign against our players because you feel you were wronged. Get it?

"I have no problem with players using standard game mechanics to get their job done, but I do have a problem with people going out of their way to cause problems for others. I also have a problem with people doing it just to prove a point. Storm is by no means free of complaints and blotches on their record.

Wolfe, if you feel you have to find a way to defend yourself I am fine with that but don't go out of your way to ruin it for everyone. You have to understand that Storm, as one of the largest guilds in Rubi- Ka, will find their way to almost every large spawn and will generally have someone there at all times. The other guilds may feel the only way for them to compete is to use different tactics. I am not saying you have to accept this, but I am saying the size of your guild requires a different tolerance level.

After 2 or 3 people emailed support, myself included, he complained to Wolfe for creating a grass roots campaign against him.  :roll:

Offline Addice

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2003, 07:32:24 PM »
Stray didn't you help MR/SL out with Mercs before?

i blame Veev

Offline Stray

• Experienced
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2003, 07:45:52 PM »
Quote from: Addice
Stray didn't you help MR/SL out with Mercs before?

We helped them out on this occasion, they lost there tank and we provided them with one. We didnt realise this was only giving them time to sort out there KT.

The only other time i've seen them at Merc's is when they ks'ed us the first time.

All in all im not really wanting to get involved in this on a public forum. Just gives them what they crave, attention.

Lost Chapter will not work with Starlight at mercs again though that is something i am sure off.

Cheers,

Strayduck.

Offline Systembug

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +2/-0
    • http://hem.passagen.se/deathjester
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2003, 08:31:33 PM »
Quote from: Cambist/Isrady

We sent our complaints to Fadinaway and were told initially if we did what they were we'd be banned and disbanded. He then turned around and said that it was perfectly within game policy for them to grief us. Here's where he threatened us and told us Funcom has a double standard. He expects us to behave better than MR:

Quote from: Jerry Godwin (Fadinaway)
On my final point. Any threats to purposefully and maliciously harm the play experience of our players is taken very seriously. My first thought was to get online to inform "Wolfe" that someone in Storm was using these types of threats. I was sure "Wolfe" would work to solve the issue rather than have another member make these threats. I then realized you are "Wolfe". Wolfe, I am sure you have no desire to risk Storm, but if it is found you are griefing players as a defiant act and on purpose I will not hesitate to disband that organization and remove the offenders. We will not tolerate a campaign against our players because you feel you were wronged. Get it?

"I have no problem with players using standard game mechanics to get their job done, but I do have a problem with people going out of their way to cause problems for others. I also have a problem with people doing it just to prove a point. Storm is by no means free of complaints and blotches on their record.

Wolfe, if you feel you have to find a way to defend yourself I am fine with that but don't go out of your way to ruin it for everyone. You have to understand that Storm, as one of the largest guilds in Rubi- Ka, will find their way to almost every large spawn and will generally have someone there at all times. The other guilds may feel the only way for them to compete is to use different tactics. I am not saying you have to accept this, but I am saying the size of your guild requires a different tolerance level.

After 2 or 3 people emailed support, myself included, he complained to Wolfe for creating a grass roots campaign against him.  :roll:

oh .. why did i cancel my account .. oh thats right .. FC sux !!

:twisted:
you and me. playground 3 o'clock!
-------------
[Currently playing]: WoW, CSS

Mordekaii 60 Restodruid[TM], Desinned 55 Holy LoLadin[AD],Rourok 57 Arms Warrior [AD]

Sadakoi / Systembug / Lightshade of Storm [Inactive]
Cubix [Mutant MasterMind Bots/Forcefields LvL:26][Inactive]

Offline Linolea

• You're so pretty when I'm drunk...
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +19/-5
  • I'm a sextoy...
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2003, 08:41:58 PM »
Just read their forums a bit. lol.

It's kinda funny in a twisted kind of way.

Dunno if they are trying to be caricatures of themselves, or just are generally like that, but apart from a few people in there I respect they have surpassed my greatest expectations in matters of retardedness.

Anyway the situation described here sucks, but it isn't against FC policies, so nothing you can do about it really, other than griefing them back but I think noone would want to sink that low.

Wasn't there when Ian got pulled into 25%, though I wish I had seen that happen heh. The reaction that followed clearly shows the major flaw in FC's customer "support". Allowing players, thus people with personal feelings towards a guild and possibly hate towards others, to be ARKs is retarded to say the least. A clam with a brain enema would understand that this is bound to bring trouble.

The only thing you can do is cope with those flaws in the system, or quit the game. And the first choice leads to the second after a while anyway.

That's how companies lose suscribers, go bankrupt, have their few talented people hired by better companies, and go programming some 16-color cellphone games.

Another thing you could do is complain about it to FC, who will send you a E-mail back, either insulting you or telling you they cant do a thing about it and dont give a fuck anyway. Pretty much like a RL government, who would ignore it's citizens, which will be accepted for a while, untill the regime is overthrown or the people move to another country.

Offline Systembug

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +2/-0
    • http://hem.passagen.se/deathjester
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2003, 08:49:51 PM »
Aye, Ian was pulled into 25% to make us able to whack the KS`ing omnis and they petition it as "clanners trying to train Ian to a base so he could destroy it" .. TOTALLY insane :)

ANY other company that would have ever treated their customers like this would have gone bancrupt in milliseconds ..
you and me. playground 3 o'clock!
-------------
[Currently playing]: WoW, CSS

Mordekaii 60 Restodruid[TM], Desinned 55 Holy LoLadin[AD],Rourok 57 Arms Warrior [AD]

Sadakoi / Systembug / Lightshade of Storm [Inactive]
Cubix [Mutant MasterMind Bots/Forcefields LvL:26][Inactive]

Offline Addice

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2003, 09:47:15 PM »
yes and you did also defend them in our thread about Hirum i think Stray.

sorry but we have to say "told you so". there are a few in that guild that i like but despite that i don't trust them. they lack honor and the ability to act anything other than childish, selfish and greedy.

i have been saying this in the past, i am saying it now and i will say it later ...  

FUCK MR & SL

call me anytime you need a preson for a KT to help ourselves to Mercs they spawn. hell maybe we can get HNT and other various Merc drops courtesy of them again.

i blame Veev

Offline Aegd

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +21/-5
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2003, 10:18:23 PM »
Good boy asskisser Meister tried to train a Galway county ranger on us when we were destroying a base in Galway.  Ban plZZZzzzzz
Lionel what are you doing? Snurv snurf!

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.103 seconds with 26 queries.