Storm

Please login or register.

Author Topic: Twinking - what to do?  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Sotalo

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
  • Cyb0r Points: +1/-0
    • http://jardar.org
Twinking - what to do?
« on: December 10, 2003, 06:36:07 PM »
Alright. I'll have to admit, all my lowbie PvP-twinks are POS. Really.

Now, I am leveling up an agent for tower battles etc. He wont go past 60. I planned on getting him a Caterwault (What QL should I be using at this lvl?) and Barter-armor I had made for my Trader. I'm going to get Notum Splice and that agent hood too.

Anyone got any advice on how to twink him better to be able to compete with other twinkies? :p What kind of eqp do I need etc?

Thanks in advance from the noob.

:p
Sotalo / Enforcer / Clan

EQP Sotalo / 200 MA [Deleted] / Storm / Unit Member

Offline GoldenEagle

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2003, 07:36:23 PM »
i think this would go into the members forum? :P

Offline Xyboc

• Rookie
  • Strat FTW
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 08:12:22 PM »
To be honest, at level 60, you'll want to go X-3.  Why you might ask? Either gun at this level range will be hella slow with its AimedShot recharge, so why not go for the most powerful?

At level 60, a main priority should be Mantis armor.  Mantis body is perhaps the biggest factor in armor for twinks, as it adds a great deal of hp.  A full set of Mantis armor would help your damage out, as each piece modifies Projectile damage and Energy damage a good amount.  First aid from the armor set would enable you to use higher QL hp/nano stims than normal.

NCU for an agent at level 60 should be easy, as you can FP Trader and cast the first Comp Lit buff, or even Bulk Trader.  NCU would be the key in "uberizing" your Agent.

In terms of implants, I'd say QL130-140 would be the area to aim for.  At 60 they shouldn't be too tough to put in, and will boost your skills much.

Fiddle around with the new AOSkillEmu for help with IP allocation, etc.
Dir - 70 UD Mage (Deep Fire)
Drumsolo - 70 BE Paladin (Holy)
Xyboc - 61 UD Rogue (Combat Swords)

Adviser of Sanguine Prophecy

...Also known as Xyboc (214 Fixer), Staton (209 Agent), and Nekrid (125 Adv.)

Offline Energydrive

• Apprentice
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2003, 08:12:52 PM »
first off maybe an X-3 would be better unless you want to get a ql 250 scope on to lower your aimshot recharge for the cater, x-3 has better damage output but is a bit slower with both attack time and AS recharge, ive found that my agent can get AS recharge down to 29 at level 43 with a ql 127 cater. and if your getting to level 60 or so dont use barter, go with mantis, adds energy dmg. plus chest peice and helm adds nano and hp. and the agent sock really isnt that great, at level 60 it only adds 1% crit chance and crap ACs plus about 5 or so runspeed and some other adds. if you need any perk help you might wanna ask zerosnake, but so far i got mine setup so i got the most add from rifle while also having tranq shot and the one that lowers AC by 2k  :twisted:

hope this helps

peace

Offline Energydrive

• Apprentice
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2003, 08:14:01 PM »
ahh xyboc posted before me ><

bastard

Offline Xyboc

• Rookie
  • Strat FTW
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 08:22:20 PM »
I fiddled around with the Skill Emulator, and at level 60, with these items/buffs:

QL130ish Rifle Implants

TIM Scope

Unexpected Attack

Take the Shot

132 Wrangle

Composite Ranged Expertise

Composite Ranged Special Expertise

You could get on about a QL155 X-3 with out too much trouble.  This would be the way I'd go if your going to war alot, as you can have TTS and UA running throughout without your gun going OE.  If your going to hang around the arena a lot, it'd be best to notch the QL of the X-3 down to QL110-125 or so.  (If you plan on dueling self at arena)

Offline Sotalo

• Storm Member
  • Apprentice
    • http://jardar.org
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2003, 08:57:52 PM »
Yeah, could have put this in the members forum. Wasn't sure I would get any replies tho  8)  Thanks guys, gonna get Mantis instead then I guess. I just made a ql80 Barter set for my trader :/
Sotalo / Enforcer / Clan

EQP Sotalo / 200 MA [Deleted] / Storm / Unit Member

Offline Elisabeth

• Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +6/-0
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2003, 12:22:24 PM »
Is there a new skill emulator for SL? :shock: Gimme!

Oh twinking is booooooooooring, except for getting high enough MC for nukes :P

Offline Spizmack

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2003, 12:33:44 PM »
For a lvl 60 twink your best best would be an enf with a tangleblade or a CC IMO. Unless I'm fighting an enf with Bio Shileding my keeper with a tanglebalde acan alpha almost anyone to less than 1/2 HP

Offline shaitan00

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2003, 01:00:17 PM »
Quote from: betty
Oh twinking is booooooooooring

maybe cuz you're not good at it? ;)

Twinking lowbee pvp toons is a lot of fun to do! It can be a strain on the nerves as your calculations have to be spot on though :)

Having boost items is vital for good twinkage too!

Anyway, I'm doing a agent myself atm and gonna twink out at 114 along with a friend of mine for some Ent. terrorizing. He's currently 60'ish and has a ql. 140 x-3 equipped. I got that equipped just using the storebought ql. 100 implants, which I diden't even need SFA to get on @ 55. Only needed UA to get it on, rest was done in FP trader with a couple of deprived leets :) . So maybe aim for something a little higher then ql. 140 weap since you will most likely get in ql. 140'ish implants and therefor will have a lot better sk33ls.

I dissagree about using x-3 as your final weapon though. You will only get off 1 single AS in every fight if you use x-3 @ that lvl. Where as with your Cat you will get off some more. Specially if you can draw out the fight a little with roots 'n shit. The difference in AS recharge even @ lvl 60 is HUGE.

Then again I haven't really begun pvp'ing with my agent so it's more speculation on my part. I'll have to bow down to the peeps who've actually got agents in that lvl range :P

Offline Punkbum

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +5/-1
  • Wasted!
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2003, 01:46:04 PM »
Quote from: Xyboc
I fiddled around with the Skill Emulator, and at level 60, with these items/buffs:

QL130ish Rifle Implants

TIM Scope

Unexpected Attack

Take the Shot

132 Wrangle

You could get on about a QL155 X-3 with out too much trouble.  This would be the way I'd go if your going to war alot, as you can have TTS and UA running throughout without your gun going OE.  If your going to hang around the arena a lot, it'd be best to notch the QL of the X-3 down to QL110-125 or so.  (If you plan on dueling self at arena)

add fp trader for plunder/divest and u have enuff rifle for a ql Ql 200 - if ur AS is high enough ( and u have enough ncu , but yith a fixer helping that should be ok ;) )
"The FBI and police threatened, instigated, and themselves conducted break-ins, vandalism, assaults, and beatings. The object was to frighten dissidents and disrupt their movements. In the case of radical Black and Puerto Rican activists (and later Native Americans), these attacks?including political assassinations?were so extensive, vicious, and calculated that they can accurately be termed a form of official 'terrorism'." (Cointelpro: The FBI's Secret War on Political Freedom)

Offline Dextrox...

• Freshman
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2003, 01:49:20 PM »
i am also creating a pvp twink

*cough* a MA with a ki-8 *cough*

gonna lvl it untill i get to the first crit perk, and then starrt pawning, i hope. just a wild idea i had ^_^
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, cheat death. If you steal, steal a woman's heart. If you fight, fight for a brother. If you drink, drink with me.

--Irish blessing

Offline Xyboc

• Rookie
  • Strat FTW
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2003, 03:59:26 PM »
Betty, check HackersQuest forums for the new Skill Emu.

QL200 sounds nice, but would be hella overequipped, even with TTS/UA running.

Offline Energydrive

• Apprentice
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2003, 09:43:47 PM »
Quote from: Punkbum
Quote from: Xyboc

QL130ish Rifle Implants

TIM Scope

Unexpected Attack

Take the Shot

132 Wrangle

add fp trader for plunder/divest and u have enuff rifle for a ql Ql 200 - if ur AS is high enough ( and u have enough ncu , but yith a fixer helping that should be ok ;) )

yeah, ql 200 would be about OE to hell even with TTS/Ua running you might be able to get mochies and deprive to get it 100% but i dont think you could get enough ncu for all of that, i dont really think its worth it either, better off just making a trader =p

that and it wouldnt be ideal for dueling selfbuffed, unless your making him for tower battles ect.

anyways GL sotala

you can keep those rifles i dont need them anymore =p

Offline Elisabeth

• Grandmaster
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2003, 10:11:33 PM »
Whats Hackerquest forums? Sounds evil! Just give me a link :P

Yes Im terrible at twinking Shaitan lol, I only have high level characters anyway  8) I just want to see how the SL skills works and if I can use the highest nuke at level 220 :)

Offline maniac

• fr00b

Offline Xyboc

• Rookie
  • Strat FTW
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2003, 01:02:36 AM »
Click here

Above is the link straight to the download page of the new Skill Emulator.

Enjoy Betty!

Offline Elisabeth

• Grandmaster
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2003, 06:23:41 AM »
Cool thanks :D

Offline Aegd

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +21/-5
Twinking - what to do?
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2003, 03:31:06 PM »
whatever you do, do NOT use a gun that will be OE even with TTS/UA...its the big sucky sucky =P

uh and NCU wise.

230 NCU is possible for a trox agent at lvl24

so should be possible to get like 270-300ish or something like that at 60...maybe =p
Lionel what are you doing? Snurv snurf!

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.149 seconds with 26 queries.