Author Topic: A plea  (Read 3039 times)

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +108/-102
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
  • Anarchy Online: Caloss2
  • AO Alts: Caloss2 220/2x/xx Melee adv Llewlyn 220 meepmeep Boooocal 220 So Knack 220/xx/xx Keeper
  • Steam: Caloss2 (dah)
A plea
« on: March 25, 2004, 12:15:07 AM »

It's been up for ten mins, how long doesn't matter to me, but I'd like to see some action in respose other than a simple(delte nothing to see here)

here's hoping.... https://forums.anarchy-online.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=257769

peace

cal2

Offline Phoenix

• Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +25/-21
  • Anarchy Online: Zerosnake
  • AO Alts: Carmilla Phoenixbird Delusional Nival
A plea
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 12:17:30 AM »
And it's goneeeeee!  8)

Zerosnake 220 Agent
Phoenixbird 200 MA
Carmilla 211 Shade

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
  • AO Alts: Caloss2 220/2x/xx Melee adv Llewlyn 220 meepmeep Boooocal 220 So Knack 220/xx/xx Keeper
A plea
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 12:20:25 AM »
BIG SUPRISE! no issue here, we have deleted the issue therefore it doesn't exist, typical FC approch keep your head in the sand guys, shame the sand doesn't pay our salary eh ?

pppppppppffffffffftttt

cal2

Offline Koppo

• Storm Member
  • Rookie
  • Cyb0r Points: +0/-0
    • http://www.broadband4colwynbay.co.uk
A plea
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 12:20:56 AM »
That thread went down faster than a bunch of clanners in a tower battle after sb has been used :)

Offline Phoenix

• Grandmaster
A plea
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 12:21:44 AM »
Did you get a cool PM?  :P

Zerosnake 220 Agent
Phoenixbird 200 MA
Carmilla 211 Shade

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
A plea
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 12:23:34 AM »
not yet, but I'll post it here if I do

hits re-fresh

cal2

Offline Phoenix

• Grandmaster
A plea
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2004, 12:26:32 AM »
Could have kept the please dont delete this thread blabla etc out of the thread, might be why it got removed..

or the simple fact that the thread was quite 'whiny'

And im 100% sure that funcom knows about the Shadowbreed Issue now  8)

Zerosnake 220 Agent
Phoenixbird 200 MA
Carmilla 211 Shade

Online Caloss2

• Administrator
  • Grandmaster
  • Old Fugley
    • MY VIDS
A plea
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2004, 12:32:10 AM »
Maybe it was whiney, or maybe it was me asking FC to do something to keep my interest in playing, to ask is not to whine it is just not getting stroppy and demanding.

but sure I was whining pb...

:roll:

cal2

Offline Koppo

• Storm Member
  • Rookie
A plea
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 12:39:58 AM »
The Funcom forum Gestapo pounce on everything and anything these days.  Complaints = bad press and there's gotta be enough haemorrhaging of subscriptions atm that the Funcom beancounters are all falling out of high rise windows in despair.

"Please send an email to feedback@anarchyonline.com" (usually re-directed to trashcan@funcomgestapo.com) is the stock response you get.

Translation:  This laundry is not officially sanctioned as "clean" by the Funcom Communist State.  Please cease and desist from airing this un-sanctioned laundry where other players and prospective subscribers can see it or we'll ban you or dig through the EULA and find some obscure technicality to close your account without warning.

They almost never seem to see beyond the end of their own noses to the simple fact that people wouldn't be getting so upset if they didn't give a shit about the game.  The people that care most about AO are the ones they're so keen to get rid of.  There's logic for you : /

I dunno how these game companies get to continue shafting game players worldwide when there's so many laws protecting consumers from being conned by other entertainment mediums.  You can bring a game back to the shop if it's messed up or not as described on the packaging.  Goods must have an accurate product description and be suitable for the purposes for which it is sold for etc.  

Honestly, if I lived in Norway I'd be storming the Funcom Oslo office looking for some long haired elitist hippy developer ass to kick.  People invest a substantial portion of time in games like this but most often these people are ridiculed and treated like shit by the very people who's continued livelihood is dependent on their goodwill.

Offline Addice

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +10/-11
A plea
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 12:52:50 AM »
well FC is actually trying to fix the Omni SB but in the mean time clan have to deal w/ it. the reason they don't disable just the Omni SB is because they can't single it out, they would have to disable all the SBs (even though it would make sense to just do that). clan basically has to suffer for the mistakes made by the company .. lovely, don't you think? like i have said before and i will keep saying, SL was and will prolly never be a finished product. great job on the part of the devs and engineers of this game for having foresight into the additions of AO. can't wait til the new expansion so i can get screwed over some more! yay!!!

long live AO!

i blame Veev

Offline frakk

• Storm Member
  • Grandmaster
  • Cyb0r Points: +21/-18
  • Planting his seeds in the P2P world.
    • http://home.no.net/frakk2k
A plea
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2004, 12:57:27 AM »
I was actually considering to call em up, its just a local call from where I live, and perhaps I can even get some real answers.. :P

Frakk : 205 or something MA - I am also Sunye, Amazing doctor during the day, shemale stripper at night!

Offline Phoenix

• Grandmaster
A plea
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2004, 01:49:44 AM »
Quote from: frakk
I was actually considering to call em up, its just a local call from where I live, and perhaps I can even get some real answers.. :P

im going to oslo in some days :p

Zerosnake 220 Agent
Phoenixbird 200 MA
Carmilla 211 Shade

Offline Smalldyer

• Straight outta Finland
  • Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +15/-8
A plea
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2004, 06:02:29 AM »
Frakk do it!!(1)  :D
steam id: snarikka

Offline Wolfe

• Experienced
  • Cyb0r Points: +3/-0
A plea
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2004, 12:18:15 PM »
I dont think FC understands the mechanics of player interaction very well. They have a hunch about players kinda doing things together and some more so than others but they dont understand that the reason why most players over level 150 still plays AO is because their friends do. For each player that leaves you get ties to 20 players who now has a reason to leave together with their friends.

We'll get to see how many AO players return to AO after having played a bit of L2 together.

Offline shaitan00

• Storm Member
  • Experienced
A plea
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2004, 12:48:32 PM »
after said event last night, I was truely in a foul mood... and after talking with Ix earlier the same day about L2 open beta I think I'm gonna pack my bags now :cry:

Enough is fucking enough, that event just pissed me off so much and the shit just keeps on piling up. But as Wolfe says, I'm only here because I have friends in game still. I just sad to leave those friends cuz I know they won't play Lineage2 and/or WoW cuz it doesen't appeal to them :/

Bleh, I'll start L2 open beta in a few days and check it out... once beta runs out I'll have to make up my mind if my days in AO are over :/

Offline Koppo

• Storm Member
  • Rookie
A plea
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2004, 02:02:55 PM »
Cal, you forgot to mention that the ARK's probably all have omni high lvl mains :)

Offline Morelian

• Rookie
A plea
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2004, 05:26:49 PM »
Just my opinion, but while Omni NM SB is way overpowered, I don't think most AO players are quitting/will quit over this.  NW was over when SL was released, and while RK bases are nice, towers and org advanges are not as powerful pre SL.

Yes it sucks to loose bases you've kept for over a year, yes it sucks to be mass wiped, and it sucks seeing Omni press SB when a tower goes up just to watch the tower kill itself on the 2k reflect.

But, I have confidence that FC will adjust things, and also, I look forward to challenge of taking the bases back when things are fixed.  Now that should be fun, because on even footing clan should prevail.  Omni will be like clan is now, cowered and frankly attacking is more fun than defending :)

I see the Omni SB thing as more temporary glitch than anything else, and we'll all get our stuff back in time, or not, but to me and I think a lot of clanners, loss of bases with lots more SL's to attain is a "game breaking" issue.  

The thing I'm really looking forward to when this is all fixed is finally ridding EFP of all those omni bases that have been up for years.....now that will be fun :)

Offline Demonicus

• fr00b
A plea
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2004, 07:00:06 PM »
A few things for all of you to take note on:

1. Anarchy Online forums are completely controlled by ARK Community Relations, and have been for some time now, Funcom does not remove your posts, ARK CR does.

2. Funcom does not run Events, they have no Event team, infact they have 1 person who has anything to do with the storyline and he just approves, the storyline and all Events are completely ARK written and controlled by the ARK Events team, this means the actors are also them.

3. If you show up to these events and pretend to enjoy them, or just even involve yourself with them, they consider it a success and will keep mass producing this same stinking piles of shit, like they have for a while now.

4. You need to be redirecting your issues to the people who are actually doing this, ie. ARK CR and ARK Events, not Funcom who really only has 2 people that interact with ARK in a management way.

I hate this crap as much as the rest of you, but you bring it on yourselves by supporting these horrible events with comments like "Well at least it's an event." etc..

In closing, if you do not like how things are being done, then contact all your ingame friends, and guilds and boycott all ARK Events until they repair it.

D.

Offline RapidPalsy

• Freshman
A plea
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2004, 09:40:01 PM »
Quote from: Morelian

But, I have confidence that FC will adjust things, and also, I look forward to challenge of taking the bases back when things are fixed.  Now that should be fun, because on even footing clan should prevail.  Omni will be like clan is now, cowered and frankly attacking is more fun than defending :)

The thing I'm really looking forward to when this is all fixed is finally ridding EFP of all those omni bases that have been up for years.....now that will be fun :)

Mamma will be waiting for you 8)

Novice RapidPalsy

219 Eternalist

Midnight Reveries

Freshman BloodLilly (inactive)

200 Doctor

Offline aimp

• Apprentice
A plea
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2004, 09:53:34 PM »
But, I have confidence that FC will adjust things, and also, I look forward to challenge of taking the bases back when things are fixed. Now that should be fun, because on even footing clan should prevail. Omni will be like clan is now, cowered and frankly attacking is more fun than defending  

The thing I'm really looking forward to when this is all fixed is finally ridding EFP of all those omni bases that have been up for years.....now that will be fun

thing would be "OK" if server could handle large scale pvp.

Even if Omni SB is overpowered clan could counter it with they own SB IF the servers could handle it.

I would love to see FC adjusting things Morelian but they just wont .. they gona maybe nerfe omni SB  but that wont fiw the main problem .. SERVERS and i dont believe they ll ever do it.

Sad for people still playing AO but we all know how FC works.

Offline Morelian

• Rookie
A plea
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2004, 10:22:30 PM »
Quote from: aimp
But, I have confidence that FC will adjust things, and also, I look forward to challenge of taking the bases back when things are fixed. Now that should be fun, because on even footing clan should prevail. Omni will be like clan is now, cowered and frankly attacking is more fun than defending  

The thing I'm really looking forward to when this is all fixed is finally ridding EFP of all those omni bases that have been up for years.....now that will be fun

thing would be "OK" if server could handle large scale pvp.

Even if Omni SB is overpowered clan could counter it with they own SB IF the servers could handle it.

I would love to see FC adjusting things Morelian but they just wont .. they gona maybe nerfe omni SB  but that wont fiw the main problem .. SERVERS and i dont believe they ll ever do it.

Sad for people still playing AO but we all know how FC works.

Well, Omni have been doing pretty well and they operate in the same lag we do, not any better or worse for them.  CC affects us all in the same way.

Again, bases are nice but aren't the be all end all they were say 6 months ago.

And no, things will still be partly broken, but nothing MMORGP is "perfect".

Offline aimp

• Apprentice
A plea
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2004, 10:34:34 PM »
Omnis only have to start they SB .. clanners need to temp they one

and with the lag you cant use a clan Sb properly.

yea lag affect all but SB nerf wont change much unless they do a real work on they server.

SMF 2.0.12 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
ModernDark64 design by Bloc
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 27 queries.